ConradG13

Upgrading my Pi?

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 am

Hello Raspberry Pi community. I have 3 Raspberry Pis. Is there any module or anything to upgrade the RAM or CPU? Thanks.

-ConradG13
People who say times instead of multiply shouldn't be around.

cjan

Re: Upgrading my Pi?

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:46 am

yes, until next 29th Feb.

mikronauts

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:49 am

If you have Pi 3's, you will have to wait for the next model to come out

If you have older Pi's, get Pi 3's
ConradG13 wrote:Hello Raspberry Pi community. I have 3 Raspberry Pis. Is there any module or anything to upgrade the RAM or CPU? Thanks.

-ConradG13
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

W. H. Heydt

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:16 am

While the answers given above are functionally correct, the answer to the question as asked is a resounding "No". There is no way to upgrade RAM or SoC (CPU+VPU) on any existing--or likely to exist--Pi. All components of the Pi are soldered to the printed circuit board (PCB) and are not replaceable without the use of specialized equipment. Nor are there any parts out there that could be used as upgrades that would work on the boards, even if you are able to do the required work.

If your Pis don't give you the performance and usable memory that you want (or need), then you can either get new Pis up to the most recent model (the Pi3B) or you will have to wait an estimated 2 to 3 years for the next iteration of Pi.

Return to “General discussion”