VanHalen

Re: Stock at MCM Electronics

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:42 pm

VanHalen wrote:
PompPenguin wrote:Hello MCM!
I just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job! I placed my order on 8/30/12 and it is already being shipped
Same here, looking forward to getting my Pi next week.
Got it late yesterday!! Now off to cancel my RS order.

PompPenguin

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Got my Pi this morning! Great job MCM, can't wait to boot it up soon :D I recommend you guys to everyone. Awesome service

Hitgrrl

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm

update: ordered a RP board only on Sunday and its almost here - just ordered 4 starter kits yesterday for the class I teach and they have already shipped. Thank you thank you MCM for great service to a comp teacher and geek hobbyist! The school I work at will definitely be buying other stuff from you from now on!

Dilligaf

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

When can we expect R2.0 boards from MCM? Can you please post here when I can order and be assured of the new board layout.

Mike

mcmelectronics

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm

We're glad to hear everyone is having a good experience with us! Thanks for the compliments.
Dilligaf wrote:When can we expect R2.0 boards from MCM? Can you please post here when I can order and be assured of the new board layout.
Mike, we'll let you know. Assuming that since the 2.0 boards are starting to crop up now, our next shipment will be the 2.0 board. I'll be stopping by the warehouse and grabbing one when the next batch comes in later this month to verify (just like we did with this batch and the 0 ohm resistor update in F1 and F2).
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics

bdk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Want to order but are they in stock. Your site says backordered. What are the specs on the red colored case in your RPi packages?

cornmuffin

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:07 pm

I ordered a Pi from Allied on August 2 and have yet to hear anything from them. I decided to order from MCM yesterday evening, just got shipping confirmation today. Awesome turnaround! Wish I had ordered from you guys to begin with and saved myself a lot of time. Also good job on responding in this thread, keep up the good communication and you'll certainly be blowing away a certain other retailer...

mcmelectronics

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 pm

bdk wrote:Want to order but are they in stock. Your site says backordered. What are the specs on the red colored case in your RPi packages?
Replied to your PM. For all, here is a pic of the red case from our bundles:
(thanks to @TheDavidJohnson).
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics

W. H. Heydt

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm

mcmelectronics wrote:
bdk wrote:Want to order but are they in stock. Your site says backordered. What are the specs on the red colored case in your RPi packages?
Replied to your PM. For all, here is a pic of the red case from our bundles:
(thanks to @TheDavidJohnson).
That looks to be the Bud case. Both Newark/Farnell and RS/Allied have them. Not, I'm afraid, a case that particularly impresses me...and not just because I'm not that fond of red...

TRiPgod

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 pm

I received no confirmation email of any sort. However, thankfully there is a Web Order tracker that told me that the order was complete on 10 Sep and is in the shipping courier's hands. I should get it on the 14th. Thanks a lot, MCM! But please fix your confirmation emails.

woopderson

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi MCM, looking to place another order! Are you now shipping the REV. B boards?

mcmelectronics

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

TRiPgod wrote:I received no confirmation email of any sort. However, thankfully there is a Web Order tracker that told me that the order was complete on 10 Sep and is in the shipping courier's hands. I should get it on the 14th. Thanks a lot, MCM! But please fix your confirmation emails.
We had an intermittent problem for a couple days with the confirmation emails not going out. We think it's fixed at this time. Luckily, the shipping confirmation typically went out shortly after orders were placed in most cases. Apologies for this!
woopderson wrote:Hi MCM, looking to place another order! Are you now shipping the REV. B boards?
We're supposed to get another batch in today at some point. We don't know which revision they will be, but we'll let everyone know when we open the box!
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics

mcmelectronics

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:56 pm

We just opened a few boxes from today's shipment. They are Rev 1 boards with zero ohm resistors in F1 and F2 - just like the last shipment. Our hypothesis is that the Rev 2.0 boards will only be available outside the US for a bit. Anyhow, boards are in stock on the site again. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics

Dweeber

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:44 am

You have a case... Black Raspberry Pi Enclosure which appears might have GPIO cable access via the bottom?? The image of the top of the case doesn't have it, but the bottom which is hard to see on that side appears to have room ??

Does it?

The multi-part cut out acrylic cases are cute, but are a pain when you need to gain access to the board. The 2 half case above would make getting to the board a lot easier. Also like the mounting it offers on the bottom.

Just saw the shipping charge ($9.49)...
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

W. H. Heydt

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Dweeber wrote:You have a case... Black Raspberry Pi Enclosure which appears might have GPIO cable access via the bottom?? The image of the top of the case doesn't have it, but the bottom which is hard to see on that side appears to have room ??

Does it?

The multi-part cut out acrylic cases are cute, but are a pain when you need to gain access to the board. The 2 half case above would make getting to the board a lot easier. Also like the mounting it offers on the bottom.

Just saw the shipping charge ($9.49)...
The ease of access varies considerably among different two-piece cases. the Farnell cases take some doing to open. The ModMyPi cases are quite easy to open. *When* I get my hands on an RS case, I'll post comments about it, but from the pictures on their web site I think that, like the Farnell case, it may take some doing to open it. As of yesterday, RS' web site said "expected despatch in 7 days"...if it still says that this time next week, I'm going to "have words" with them, since I've had a "cases only" order outstanding with them since mid-July.

Dweeber

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 pm

I will most likely end up having to get a number of cases to find out which ones work best so that I know what to get when we get ready to start purchasing all be pieces in larger qts for a project. We will be building 30 units at a time if we end up going ahead with the project. Most of the pieces have already been decided but an easy to access case is not one of them yet.

thanks for the info.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...

malakai

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks got 2 boards from you.

Order date 9/16 received 9/19 awesome turnaround.

They are rev 1 boards this is fine but is there or will there be a way to order a rev 2 board or know which board you are getting?
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

Dweeber

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:42 pm

malakai wrote:They are rev 1 boards this is fine but is there or will there be a way to order a rev 2 board or know which board you are getting?
Just the other day
mcmelectronics wrote:We just opened a few boxes from today's shipment. They are Rev 1 boards with zero ohm resistors in F1 and F2 - just like the last shipment. Our hypothesis is that the Rev 2.0 boards will only be available outside the US for a bit./raspberry-pi
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...

cutterjohn

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 am

mcmelectronics wrote:We just opened a few boxes from today's shipment. They are Rev 1 boards with zero ohm resistors in F1 and F2 - just like the last shipment. Our hypothesis is that the Rev 2.0 boards will only be available outside the US for a bit. Anyhow, boards are in stock on the site again. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
Let us know when you start receiving v2 boards.

I ordered one for your other sister company, Newark, and HAD been planning on ordering one from RS/Allied(wanted to see their packaging firsthand) but given their inability to produce product I've decided against that, and am perfectly content to wait for a v2 board at this point.

mcmelectronics

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 pm

We're a little late to the party, but we've got stock now as well and they're all the v2.0 rev B 512MB boards, made in the UK.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics

billb

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Ordered! :D Thanks

notarat

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:02 pm

mcmelectronics wrote:We're a little late to the party, but we've got stock now as well and they're all the v2.0 rev B 512MB boards, made in the UK.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
Thanks for the update!

Ordered a pair for my kids!

Pete Burgess

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Hmm. Put in a 10% off coupon code and all it did was increase the shipping price by $5. Bit cheeky.

ThePolarSky

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:02 am

Eh ehm...

You could even send the Pi rattling inside and I wouldn't care. :)

mcmelectronics

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Pete Burgess wrote:Hmm. Put in a 10% off coupon code and all it did was increase the shipping price by $5. Bit cheeky.
Adding a code shouldn't have increased the shipping charge, but the RPis are on MAP pricing, meaning they cannot be discounted, unfortunately.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics

Return to “General discussion”