78sharpshooter

Speed of response for voice control

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:32 pm

New to the pi and landed on it for simple CNC stuff but now wondering if I can use it for a voice control platform that would control solenoids on a hydraulic system. The key to this would be that the response time would have to be as quick as possible and since I have no idea what the realistic response time would be I figured someone here might have at least an approximation of the time delay between the voice command and the output function (opening one solenoid and closing one solenoid). any sharing of wisdom is greatly appreciated

rotwang

Re: Speed of response for voice control

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 am

You're going to be disappointed, since all the voice recognition systems use the same process :-
record utterance as sound file - fire file off into the cloud - wait for reply from cloud
For control of machinery, ANY machinery, this is a total non-starter.

If anybody knows different, in other words any program which will do speech recognition whilst running entirely on a pi, please post the details.

Roger

masa-aud

Re: Speed of response for voice control

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:52 am

reply to 78sharpshooter on Voice Control
I think that you are in mind firstly that any voice recognition system can help exactly your plan to control water or not rather than speed issue of responses.
masa-aud

Return to “General discussion”