sinapsi

Re: Latest Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm

sinapsi wrote:
danielverza wrote:Sorry RS but enough is enough !

Just canceled my order.

I ordered on June 22 and the reference number was 100414. Lead time was estimeted to 10 weeks. Since I chose to use PayPal the total amount (USD 43.02) was deducted from my account immediately.

After that.... nothing! No contact, no e-mails, no Pi!

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but this lack of transparency is just not what I call "good business practice". Was there a supply problem ? OK. Sh*t happens. But at least have the consideration to let me know ! Remember: you already got my money !!

And as much as everyone says this is not the Foundation's fault, in reality it *is* hurting the Raspberry Pi's image. It's becoming that amazing, full of potential, ultra-cool device that YOU CAN'T HAVE !!

Sad. Just sad....

Now let's see how the refund process go. They asked for 14 working days.

BTW: Sorry for the rant. It's just that this is *very* frustrating....

Best of luck to all

Daniel
I ordered my raspberry pi on 22 june too, my ref number is 98***
I haven't got any notice from RS since that day, I don't know where is my pi, 10 weeks passed
RS sent me a mail today:
In regards to your order, I can confirm that RS have not dispatched your Raspberry Pi unit and accessories yet. We are expecting to dispatch your Pi in the last week of September as soon as we get the stock into our warehouse. We sincerely apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused Thank you for your patience,
\o/

kspn

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 am

I REALLY hope that mine is dispatched at the same time! (85xxx)

I am still trying to work out how so many orders were 'misplaced' however RS is probably trying to work out the same thing :)
No Coffee, No Workee

DaveSemm

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 am

Cancelled my order today. This was very disappointing.

CasaDelGato

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm

I haven't canceled my order(s) from Allied yet, but I did just order a couple from Element14/Newark, and they said they were in stock and would ship immediately.

If these show up quickly, I'll cancel my Alliedelec order.
Worlds only All Electric Ford F250

snomis

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Anybody know if RS will be actually dispatching the delayed orders this week as they '''promised'''

Order number 82*** June 20

InnocentSam

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

snomis wrote:Anybody know if RS will be actually dispatching the delayed orders this week as they '''promised'''

I'd like to know this also.

gallopingalice

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi all,
This reply is coming from my Pi, which arrived this morning, Monday, having been ordered last thursday from Farnell/Element14. Smug or what?
I'll stick with the RS order 'cos I have several grand kids that might like one, eventually.
gallopingalice

snomis

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

InnocentSam wrote:
snomis wrote:Anybody know if RS will be actually dispatching the delayed orders this week as they '''promised'''

I'd like to know this also.

[email protected] [email protected] ANY ANSWER PLEASE!!!! :cry:

DaveSemm

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 pm

DaveSemm wrote:Cancelled my order today. This was very disappointing.
Needless to say, I have heard nothing from them since cancelling a week ago. I bet I won't get refunded either. RS are incompetant.

exartemarte

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 pm

DaveSemm wrote:Needless to say, I have heard nothing from them since cancelling a week ago. I bet I won't get refunded either. RS are incompetant.
I didn't hear anything from them either, but they did refund my money - on the thirteenth working day.

DaveSemm

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 am

exartemarte wrote:
DaveSemm wrote:Needless to say, I have heard nothing from them since cancelling a week ago. I bet I won't get refunded either. RS are incompetant.
I didn't hear anything from them either, but they did refund my money - on the thirteenth working day.
Finally got my refund.

KC9RQI

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm

I think I can "top" most of the previous comments...I ordered many many months ago, and my order number fell into the "oops we forgot about you"...here is the email I received only after sending MANY emails to them:

"Apologies for your frustrations with the despatches of your Raspberry Pi order. We encountered a problem at the depot during the dispatch of order numbers 95000 to 99000. Unfortunately your order was included in this and we did not pick, pack and dispatch your Pi. Unfortunately we did not discover the mistake in time and are now awaiting our latest batch of Raspberry Pi boards to arrive here at RS in order that we can despatch your board out to you as soon as they arrive. We are expecting to dispatch your Pi in the last week of September as soon as we get the stock into our warehouse. We sincerely apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused
Thank you for your patience,
Raspberry Pi Team"

Needless to say I'm a little miffed about the whole subject. Further inquiries have resulted in a response of "no response". I've called Long Distance from the US to the UK only to be told..sorry you can only email us if you want a response....great customer service.

Steve....

numanoids

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm

That response has been used multiple times with the order batch changed to fit the order you happen to be in.

snomis

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 pm

numanoids wrote:That response has been used multiple times with the order batch changed to fit the order you happen to be in.

Spot on numanoids - I had the more or less same thing, from RS 'Daniel' see below

In regards to your order I apologise on behalf of RS for the poor customer service you have received. As to your query, I'm afraid to say that we encountered a problem at our depot between the orders of 80000-85000 where some orders were withheld which included your order 82***. For those affected we sent out an email on Wednesday 29th August, explaining that due to our delayed shipment of Raspberry Pi's we estimate to dispatch your order by the end of September. If this is unacceptable we are able to cancel and refund your order,
Our sincerest apologies and thank you for your patience,

snomis

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:59 pm

And now it gets worse, another yarn from RS

"""Good News! I can confirm your order was dispatched on Thursday 27th September. On your dispatch confirmation email it states that we are expecting shipping to take 5 working days for European countries. As for why DHL have not also sent a confirmation email to you regarding the dispatch of your order, we have been politely informed that the method DHL are using does not grant tracking ability at this time. If you do not receive your package within this time frame email me back and I will investigate as to the location of your order"""

Yeh, right, DHL don't send tracking out - so is this yet another delaying tactic. - ORDER NEVER ARRIVES (never dispatched more like) - I WILL INVESTIGATE FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS OR SO.

numanoids

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm

snomis wrote:And now it gets worse, another yarn from RS

"""Good News! I can confirm your order was dispatched on Thursday 27th September. On your dispatch confirmation email it states that we are expecting shipping to take 5 working days for European countries. As for why DHL have not also sent a confirmation email to you regarding the dispatch of your order, we have been politely informed that the method DHL are using does not grant tracking ability at this time. If you do not receive your package within this time frame email me back and I will investigate as to the location of your order"""

Yeh, right, DHL don't send tracking out - so is this yet another delaying tactic. - ORDER NEVER ARRIVES (never dispatched more like) - I WILL INVESTIGATE FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS OR SO.
That doesn't sound too good for me now considering I havent even had a despatch email yet. They say should be sent Thursday but now I think its a tactic to keep holding on.

W. H. Heydt

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 pm

numanoids wrote: That doesn't sound too good for me now considering I havent even had a despatch email yet. They say should be sent Thursday but now I think its a tactic to keep holding on.
The last two orders I had from RS were sent by post. There was never any shipping notification and there was no tracking. They simply showed up in my mail box one day. (Granted, these were cases only, not Pis...but still.)

So...depending on where you are, give them enough time to arrive.

numanoids

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:10 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:
numanoids wrote: That doesn't sound too good for me now considering I havent even had a despatch email yet. They say should be sent Thursday but now I think its a tactic to keep holding on.
The last two orders I had from RS were sent by post. There was never any shipping notification and there was no tracking. They simply showed up in my mail box one day. (Granted, these were cases only, not Pis...but still.)

So...depending on where you are, give them enough time to arrive.
So they can't even follow their own published process about what should happen when they process an order? Poor excuse.

silver49

RPI delay

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 pm

I ordered mine from RS on the 18th July with case , psu and SD. Delivery quoted within 11 weeks and the order no 101016xxxx. Today is 11 weeks and I have had no e-mail either to delivery or delay.

In the late 70's I used to order components from RS but often found they were out of stock of the more popular components. I also used to order from Farnell and always had my orders fulfilled.

I should have remembered this when I chose RS ;)

cjthebrave

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:26 pm

numanoids wrote:That response has been used multiple times with the order batch changed to fit the order you happen to be in.
numanoids wrote:So they can't even follow their own published process about what should happen when they process an order? Poor excuse.
Both valid points !!
I can confirm that my Pi was eventually dispatched and arrived 28th September during that week that RS had promised (again) to start shipping, so some have been dispatched.
However, as previously mentioned - I had one of "those" e-mails stating "We encountered a problem at the depot during the dispatch of orders 80000-85000 " (mine was coincidentally 83nnn) - yet another set of spurious numbers to keep a customer quiet, and in addition to this, I have heard nothing from RS regarding the dispatch - the only notification I received was from Parcelforce who advised me they had a package for me, and its anticipated delivery date.
Very, very poor customer service - I will never, ever deal with RS again!

numanoids

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm

cjthebrave wrote:
numanoids wrote:So they can't even follow their own published process about what should happen when they process an order? Poor excuse.
Both valid points !!
I can confirm that my Pi was eventually dispatched and arrived 28th September during that week that RS had promised (again) to start shipping, so some have been dispatched.
However, as previously mentioned - I had one of "those" e-mails stating "We encountered a problem at the depot during the dispatch of orders 80000-85000 " (mine was coincidentally 83nnn) - yet another set of spurious numbers to keep a customer quiet, and in addition to this, I have heard nothing from RS regarding the dispatch - the only notification I received was from Parcelforce who advised me they had a package for me, and its anticipated delivery date.
Very, very poor customer service - I will never, ever deal with RS again!
Got my email from Parcelforce a couple of hours ago. I've been looking forward to this piece of kit for weeks but the experience has been pretty poor and put a dampener on things. I will enjoy the Pi, I'm a linux geek and sysadmin but definitely have learned a lesson with this particular supplier so I'm with you on your future non-dealings with RS.

Good luck to all though who are still awaiting, I certainly hope you get your units soon.

Neo258

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 am

My Raspberry Pi has been dispatched Yesterday (Ordernr: 108xxx Target:Germany).No Tracking ID

Taz Devil

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:01 pm

I got this information in my email that they sent to me:-

Shipping between  Last order number shipped
20th – 26th August 101000
24th – 30th September 109000
1st – 7th October 123000
8th – 14th October 135000
12th – 18th November 150000
19th – 25th November 175000
26th Nov – 2nd December 200000

oco

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm

My Raspberry Pi has finally been dispatched today (order number 113XXX), about one behind FAQ schedule.

Tazy

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 am

Please help me understand :idea:
I ordered and paid on 17.07.2012. We received confirmation that in my order reference number is: 1010164815 and Despatch expected within 11 week(s).
It's been almost 13 weeks and I have not received any mail to confirm despatch.

Thanks in advance

Return to “General discussion”