Cotard

Re: I'm beginning to worry ...

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

sn00zerman wrote:Hi all,

On july 4th, I ordered my second PI from RS Components.
In the confirmation email, it was stated that estimated delivery would be within 12 weeks.
In the meanwhile, 14 weeks have passed.
My OrderID = 146266 (delivery is to the same location as my first PI => Belgium)

Can anyone tell me if I need to contact RS, or is it "normal" that I still did not receive this PI ?

Best regards,
Kris
Shipping between Last order number shipped*
20th – 26th August 1010101000
24th – 30th September 1010109000
1st – 7th October 1010123000
8th – 14th October 1010135000
12th – 18th November 1010150000
19th – 25th November 1010175000
26th Nov – 2nd December 1010200000

tinkertiler

Re: Latest Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Ive still not heard anything what a shocker! Tried emailing no reply im not calling as i will just get mad i know i will lol

ProRes

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I placed my order on June 30th & ordered every accessory that was available for it. My order # is 131026. According to their latest shipping chart my Pi should have already been shipped. Haven't received any notification that it has shipped. I'm in the U.S. and ordered from RS because they were the first to allow me to place an order. This is completely ridiculous & absurd.

sh2606

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 pm

It seems as if they had some issues regarding emails, many have received their pis (also 13xxxx ones) without getting a dispatch email.

Regarding the shipping chart, the block for shipping till 135000 seems to be delayed one to two weeks (so already or nearly finished).

All information is based on reports of users, not on RS infos.

ThePH

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:20 pm

I too have ordered a raspi a while ago, since beginning of sept i got no more update mails and i can't even track my order which is 101015****
I guess i'll wait till end of this month and ask for a refund ....

thaskullrider

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

My order was from the 131xxx batch, and is still yet to arrive. I had some very limited correspondence with RS in which they advised a dispatch date on the 18th…..which yet again they didn’t stick to. So far it’s been upwards of 17 weeks waiting for me. They have ignored all emails since and I’ve filed a complaint with NSW fair trading as they’ve essentially stolen my money at this point.

Draven68

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:11 am

I ordered my Pi from RS in the 1st week of July 101013****

In the time that's passed i've received 3 Emails.

Email 1: Order Confirmation
Email 2: Order Delayed
Email 3: Order Despatched (19 October) Expected Delivery 21 Days for Countries Outside of Europe.

Whilst i agree they have been slow, they have at least (with me) kept in contact.
The best bonus for my patience is they are sending a Revision 2 Board with 512MB. :D

cito

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 pm

my info:
Order 139783

Date of order Mon, 02 Jul 2012, 09:08 PM

RS Stock No. Qty Description Unit Price Goods Value
Case-CLR 1 Raspberry Pi Type B Case - Clear £3.99 £3.99
756-8308 1 Raspberry Pi Type B Single Board Computer £21.60 £21.60
2000114151 1 HDMI cable for Raspberry Pi £3.39 £3.39
Running Total £28.98
Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 11 week(s)) £4.95
Order total £33.93

still waiting, no updates

When I try to pull up my order info on their website nothing exists.

They charged my card back on July 3, 2012

When I go to their website and put in my order number it says it cant find anything.

I called the US site and they have no records of any order, but said to call the UK site, the UK site said they didn't have any information.

their website sucks and typing in order number just shows no record.

the uk site won't even let me register cause my IP address is from the States.

I've tried a proxy but it detected the anon web proxy I found and tried.

so far no email, no updates, nothing. Just charged me over $50 usd and Im still waiting for any update at all.

itimpi

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm

As far as I know there is no way to query the status of you order via the web. I have no idea why RS have not provided a way to do this as it would re-assure customers that their order was still in the system and whether it had shipped.

travega

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:40 am

I ordered my first Pi on June 29th told it'd be 11 weeks then another 4 weeks and now it looks like I'm not going to see it until the second week in November - four and a half months later...

Is this the kind of service we can expect from Raspberry Pi in general? I was going to put in a bulk order of 6,000 for academic institution I work for and now I really doubt I will. I'm afraid to think what after market service might be like...

sdjf

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:18 am

This is what happens when demand exceeds supply. You could switch who you placed the bulk order from to the other company that has faster turnaround, sounds like you orderd with RS.

Trouble is that the manufacturers did not expect the Pi to be as popular as it is, they likely are still too conservative in their estimates about the demand, but orders of parts must be scheduled way in advance, like months. I like the following post that kind of gets some of this into perspective:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 09#p193809

You might want to look at the lead times with Element14 or their subsidiaries, although I have heard their bulk prices are not as good.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

travega

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 am

I'm sure they'll eventually get it sorted but just not worth the headache and uncertainty.

itimpi

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:12 am

travega wrote:I'm sure they'll eventually get it sorted but just not worth the headache and uncertainty.
The uncertainty is with RS who are talking about months in lead time. At the moment if you go via the Farnell route the uncertainty seems to be whether you will get your Pi in a few days or a few weeks as supply comes through at a steady rate and orders are a bit more variable. I think an order for 6000 is now only about a days supply so should not cause any excessive lead times. There now quite a few third parties providing the Pi as well, and as far as I can see they are all using Farnell/Element 14/Newark (all the same company in different countries) as the manufacturer to get their supply from.

exartemarte

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am

travega wrote:Is this the kind of service we can expect from Raspberry Pi in general? I was going to put in a bulk order of 6,000 for academic institution I work for and now I really doubt I will. I'm afraid to think what after market service might be like...
You don’t actually get “service” from Raspberry Pi, which is a charitable foundation. It doesn’t sell, manufacture or distribute the product - that is down to two international components suppliers, Premier Farnell/Element 14 and RS/Allied. Of the two, in the UK at least, Farnell has by far the better track record for supplying Raspberry Pi.

The Pi was launched earlier this year and has been in short supply from day one, so if you were expecting to order 6,000 for the current academic year that was perhaps a bit optimistic. Raspberry Pi’s go in and out of stock. Today, CPC (a Farnell associate) has stock for immediate delivery; Farnell itself is estimating delivery in three weeks, and has generally been reliable in its predictions.

You are also ahead of the game. The unexpected level of demand notwithstanding, I don’t believe the Foundation ever expected the Pi to be ready or available for the academic market this year. The expectation was that sales would initially be to enthusiasts and developers, who would find the bugs, suggest improvements and move the development of the software along, all of which is happening.

Things should be different next year, although if you are going to want thousands it might be wise to order well in advance.

(I am an observer and an enthusiast. I have no connection with the Foundation or either of the suppliers.)

freedomotic

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am

Draven68 wrote:I ordered my Pi from RS in the 1st week of July 101013****

In the time that's passed i've received 3 Emails.

Email 1: Order Confirmation
Email 2: Order Delayed
Email 3: Order Despatched (19 October) Expected Delivery 21 Days for Countries Outside of Europe.

Whilst i agree they have been slow, they have at least (with me) kept in contact.
The best bonus for my patience is they are sending a Revision 2 Board with 512MB. :D
Hi,
are you sure they send a 512 MB Board? I'm waiting from July but I didn't receive any info about this
Thanks
Freedomotic Open IoT Framework
http://freedomotic.com

rew

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 am

travega wrote:I was going to put in a bulk order of 6,000 for academic institution I work for and now I really doubt I will.
Go to the "other one". Contact a sales person, and ask what they can offer. It's bound to be much better than RS.

RS is really much worse than Farnell. I've ordered and recieved 4 raspberry pies from Farnell since ordering with RS. Apparently my RS-pi is expected to be delivered somewhere middle of november.

In the personal email response I got today, they say they sent out the "your raspberry pi has been delayed" notices on august 28th. I could sift through the email logs to try to find it, but why bother.
(either I find it, and figure out the spambox it went to, or I find they didn't send that notice to ME).
Check out our raspberry pi addons: https://www.bitwizard.nl/shop/

erwanl

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi There,

Ordered mine on Oct 29.
Mail confirmation says Raspberry Pi Type B Single Board Computer, 512MB / 4 weeks delivery.

Order number : 1010 2006xx .

According to the shipment update, I should get mine around Nov 26th.

Crossing fingers...

Cheers,
Erwan

vinntec

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:05 pm

erwanl wrote:Hi There,
Ordered mine on Oct 29.
Mail confirmation says Raspberry Pi Type B Single Board Computer, 512MB / 4 weeks delivery.
Order number : 1010 2006xx .
According to the shipment update, I should get mine around Nov 26th.
Crossing fingers...
Cheers,
Erwan
Ordered ours on 16th July despatch expected within 11 weeks 10101615xx. No updates since then. According to my maths we are about 40,000 above you in the queue and if I believe their FAQ says ours should come 12th – 18th November...
Disappointed of Basingstoke

HungryPanda

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:26 am

It is said patience is a virtue but this is a tad frustrating. I ordered mine from RS 1010 158xxx on July 16th. Got my confirmation of sale email and my account was charged. I have heard nothing since so am glad to have found this forum and get some information. Looks like I won't have to wait much longer.

John42

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 am

I cancelled my order with RS (got my money back in a week or so), then ordered through ebay, at a bit higher price (+10 eur).

But got it in 1-2 weeks, now happily playing with it :-)

Happy end.

HungryPanda

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm

John42 wrote:I cancelled my order with RS (got my money back in a week or so), then ordered through ebay, at a bit higher price (+10 eur).

But got it in 1-2 weeks, now happily playing with it :-)

Happy end.
Glad you are happy now John

rinky451

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Cotard wrote:I ordered the raspberry pi July 4 and tells me to wait 12 weeks for delivery. And now, after all this time are now 8 weeks. Why? element14 told me five weeks and were one. I am surprised that in the email I received today does not give me a clear option to cancel the order.

I really do not feel like trouble, I just want that if RS say 12 weeks, which are many, are met and send it paid on July 4.

Sorry for my English.
I ordered mine in feburary and did not get it until 2 weeks ago. so I guess you have to sit back and wait like the rest of us. I myself think strings are pulled on certain orders cause do all these people and companies have raspberris ahead of some of us that really ordered way before they did

rinky451

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:51 pm

now i have got to say that I was not happy on the rs shipment for the time delay for I saw people on the forum complaining about their raspberry and they order months after I placed mine. But I did get mine but I had to wait 8 months for it, But on the other hand I emailed rs twice and I DID get a response back both times. The 2nd one I got the msg on the order numbers, I was told it would ship on Oct 8 and it did. So one i am upset on the massive delay and how all the raspberries got out on ebay and such I do not understand for at the time I ordered you could only order 1 yet they are all over the net so explain that to me. I have a friend here in the us that ordered thru allid out of texas and they cannot give him any idea of when his will ship and it has been ordered since march.
rmwebs wrote:Jo,

Whilst your here could you explain whats going on with communication? A number of us have tried getting in touch via email and get no response. When you phone you get told to email.

There seems to be a huge lack of communication or any sort of customer support coming from your end. You've got a lot of annoyed customers on these forums.

Obviously something went wrong on your end as the shipping times are being pushed back significantly, whilst Farnell are able to take an order and have the Pi shipped within 2-3 weeks.

Could you provide some information with regards to :

A) A contactable email address (every single email address given out so far results in no response at all)
B) A reason as to whats causing the delay to orders that are already in the queue. I can understand NEW orders being delayed, but you've got outstanding orders going back to the end of June / beginning of July here...something must have happened if those allocated products are no longer available. I'm hoping that its not due to any form of preference to bulk sales (or even sales to the likes of Maplin) however I'd guess that this information wont be provided either way.

As it stands I received the delay email earlier today, and have cancelled my order and re-placed it with Farnell. I've still got one order with you, and it looks like I wont be getting that until December at the earliest.

I can appreciate that you are getting hammered with sales and emails, but you really do need to take a leaf out of E14/Farnell's book here. Clearly they are doing something right if they have their lead times down to 3 weeks while yours are at an estimated 9-12 weeks at best.

If I'm completely frank and honest, I feel betrayed and cast aside by RS. You've made no effort to contact people prior to today with any form of update, theres no way of tracking orders, etc. Surely it would have made sense to be sending, say a monthly email out to people waiting saying "Here's the latest shipping estimates" instead of people having to root around a forum to find an answer?

The whole thing feels very 'hush-hush'. If there is a supply or component issue - tell people. As it stands its coming across as a bit of a Mickey Mouse operation.

gebes

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Not that I can remember just how long ago I ordered mine from RS , but just got the following email ..

Dear Raspberry Pi customer,

Thank you for your continued patience in waiting for your Raspberry Pi order. By way of an extra thank you, we’re pleased to let you know that your order for a 256MB Raspberry Pi Model B board will be upgraded to a 512MB revision 2 version of Raspberry Pi.

We’ve also updated our shipping schedule on our FAQs. Please keep checking our FAQs for the latest information on deliveries and service. Once your Raspberry Pi has been despatched, we’ll send you an email notifying you of the despatch date and containing advice on delivery timescales.

nuttyme

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm

until now I have not received my order (REF 140474)
waiting.. waiting... waiting... still waiting :cry:

Return to “General discussion”