DaveSemm

Re: Latest Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:28 pm

mwrich4 wrote:Hi,

I ordered a Pi, clear case plus other goodies with order number 811xx on June 20, 2012.

I've sent a few emails and received no replies.

Any words of encouragement ? ( the new schedule doesn't address the MIAs )
My situation is similar to yours - ordered in June, #844xx, should have shipped last week. I just now received the email saying I can expect it end of September. But now this post talks about order numbers long after 844xx. So now I still don't know what's going on.

It is really disappoiting how RS seems to have made a hash of this, while the other supplier seems to be on the ball.

thsBavR10

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Jo,
are you only posting once, or are you reading here, and answering the questions by your customers?
My orders are from June, 21 (90xxx, 91xxx) - and today i received your mail.
But your table suggests, they should been send.
Mails to RS had been deleted before reading.

I am very disappointed! Yours sincerly, Thomas

jaeger

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks for creating a topic updating the shipping status. Could you kindly inform if you're keeping your word, shipping to Brazil via mail service instead of a courier?

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Guys. I would suggest that saying passive-aggressive and downright aggressive things like "Could you kindly inform if you're keeping your word" and "What's wrong with your company?" are not going to encourage anybody to come back and answer your questions. (What's wrong with your manners? Could you kindly inform us if you're planning on improving them?) Please reel it in.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

thsBavR10

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi liz,
Sorry for beeing unfriendly or aggressive, that wasn't my intention.
Please feel free to delete the part of my post.

liz

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks Thomas - and thanks for the nice PM! I've edited your post.

Malina

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I am very disappointed about the news of the further RS delay, but I admit that I lost patience a few weeks ago and bought one on Ebay for just under £35 inc. postage - money well spent as I am up and running.

I won't cancel my RS order as this appears to be just as big a headache - just hope that it actually does arrive in November, but not bets are being taken!

Silvester

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I've ordered 2 Raspberry's at about the same day for me and a friend

1st ) ordernumber 95474 - (with clear case) Delivered last week
2nd ) ordernumber 91712 - (with clear case) Not yet delivered.............

And now i'm getting a delay e-mail until end of september....

Why ?! it should allready been delivered ......

Help ?

snuggles0010

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

i orderded mine 1st July and now have to wait until november thought it was going to come late september latest

jaeger

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 pm

liz, it wasn't neither my intention to be passive-aggressive. But I'd like to point that before anything, we are customers. This doesn't give us the right to be disrespectful, but in the other hand it gives us the full right to be really upset due to the months without any kind of update and lack of output to the consumer.

Furthermore, the term I used was in no way used with the intent of being passive-aggressive despite the situation stated in the earlier paragraph (I even tried to avoid the already common posts asking about shipping dates and stuff like that), as the way this phrase is spoken and/or used here (as in the region here, culturally speaking) has the same exact effect of asking if they did or didn't any other update, as we don't know nothing since a few months ago.

I work with people from every area of the globe everyday in my company and I'm almost sure that "what's wrong with your manners?" hurts a lot more than "are you keeping your word?". That is, if you absolutely disregard that this is a business relation.

Of course, this is a forum and I know that respect is the key here (and absolutely necessary, as I hope that this place will be really soon filled of kids learning lots of new things with this nice device) - and I'm trying to be really polite. Therefore, I apologize if my words may have sounded too harsh, but I still keep them. Thanks for understanding.

liz

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks - we absolutely do understand, and it'd be crazy to ask you guys not to be disappointed.

I think we all know and understand that RS aren't doing this to you guys out of malice; it's simply really, really bad luck with chip supply. They're good guys, and we're doing what we can to try to help them (and you) out.

jaeger

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:47 pm

No problems. If we knew this fact some time ago (I don't know, perhaps a sticky or an announcement in the main page) made by you from the Foundation or from someone from RS, a lot of threads wouldn't be even created and more people wouldn't be upset, understanding the situation, making the job for the moderation and the people themselves something more calm. Please consider this as a suggestion :P

Also, many of my - personal - concerns are regarding the shipping itself, as here is one of those countries where the couriers charge 1, 2 or 3 times the price of a Pi.

liz

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:55 pm

We heard about it at the same time you did, sadly. Nice idea though!

mcgerard

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Well – I have cancelled my order with RS. I was very excited about the Pi when I first heard about it at the end of last year. But now the excitement has gone. My 70th birthday passed while I was waiting for delivery and at my age I don’t get excited about very much any longer.

I am very disappointed with RS. It has all been here said before - they haven’t managed the supply well, they take your money up front (yes, I know we were told that but I don’t like it and now with the delay they would have had my money for 5 months) and they don’t communicate. Of course, if the shortage of chips was due to millions of orders for the Pi then I would think that was terrific but how is it Farnell have managed things better? Don’t they need the same chip?

RS have let us down and now we are told we have to be nice to them.

Wizard

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 pm

You guys get email updates?
I'm waiting for my 2:nd shipment from RS (two rpis + extras) and I hear nothing...
My ref is 10101nnnnn and I was really hoping to get these two soon-ish since my first unit no longer delivers +5v or +3.3v on GPIO...

Meanwhile I've discovered Arduino and that's where I'm spending most of my time now!
Excellent availability with regards to HW and it only takes a couple of days to get even the most obscure addons...
I don't know why RS is struggling when everyone else seems to be doing fine?

Poor availability can actually kill this EXCELLENT platform/project and that'd be very sad indeed!

Not impressed tinkerer... :/
Raspberry Pi - finally a worthy replacement for A500!!!

kspn

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Silvester wrote:I've ordered 2 Raspberry's at about the same day for me and a friend
1st ) ordernumber 95474 - (with clear case) Delivered last week
2nd ) ordernumber 91712 - (with clear case) Not yet delivered.............
Seeing this just makes me sad, my order number (with clear case) is 85xxx (with clear case) and hearing that you have received your Pi from RS when I am still waiting for mine (from the initial 'register your interest' set) just makes the waiting process even more painful.

Last night I also received the 'delayed for another 5 weeks' email, but I noticed something odd, in the email is had the following
Grand total: £67.91
But my order only came to just over £30 so I am wondering that happened there!

Meanwhile while I have been waiting I have ordered (and received) a RasPi from E14 (5 wk expected 2 wk actual), then I Ordered 2 more from E14 (3 wk expected) and they are due to arrive in the next 2-3 days. I am glad about that because it means that I have been able to play with a RasPi.

Hopefully RS is able to solve their supply problems :D
No Coffee, No Workee

Lob0426

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:17 am

Hey I did get an E-mail from Allied Today ..........

It was junk mail!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

bouillard

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:17 am

Like lot of people, I am quite disappointed by RS...
I can understand that there is some delay, but the frustration come from that:
- seems the order Id is not respected for delivery order
- we have no idea of which last order Id has been delivered, to be able to have a "progress bar"

Silvester

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:39 am

- seems the order Id is not respected for delivery order
And i think this is the biggest problem ...lot's of people with higher ordernumbers have recieved their Raspberry's.

Perhaps Jo can help us with this ? Would be nice.

thsBavR10

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 am

Good question:
where is Jo?
I hope he's all right.

dorka

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

I ordered July 17 with order number 163xxx with the estimated 11 weeks it should be delivered on the 2nd of October. So now its supposedly pushed out to the 18th-25th of November but I didn't receive any email about this.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I'm affected and RS emails are getting lost in the interwebs like most people seem to be complaining about.

canibalimao

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 pm

dorka wrote:I ordered July 17 with order number 163xxx with the estimated 11 weeks it should be delivered on the 2nd of October. So now its supposedly pushed out to the 18th-25th of November but I didn't receive any email about this.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I'm affected and RS emails are getting lost in the interwebs like most people seem to be complaining about.
Don't worry about the email. I've received one two days ago, some users received it yesterday, and other received before me. I don't know if the email system is delayed or if they are sending the emails according to the order's number...

ivoneto91

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm

liz wrote:Guys. I would suggest that saying passive-aggressive and downright aggressive things like "Could you kindly inform if you're keeping your word" and "What's wrong with your company?" are not going to encourage anybody to come back and answer your questions. (What's wrong with your manners? Could you kindly inform us if you're planning on improving them?) Please reel it in.
Being rude is not the solution, Liz, I know.
But think, imagine buying a product with your hard-earned money and not receive any feedback for months?
There's a time when patience runs out.

I still dont receive any response about my emails.

MicroStrand

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm also very disappointed with the attitude of this traders, and now is it really difficult to show patience! Becoming passive-aggressive is no solution for me, being active-aggressive seems to be a better choice. Anyway, no communication, no action, and no delivery in a timely manner lets me assume that this people became the victims of a crime and are already dead. Under this circumstances could we also wait till hell freezes!
"Thinking and dreaming are an essential part of human existence. But they are not enough. Actually doing something - steering electrons about their myriad paths - is reality. Nothing substitutes for it." Charles H. Moore

liz

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I can only apologise again - we have asked RS to get someone to come and answer questions here, so I hope they will soon.

Return to “General discussion”