echo951357

no partitioned space in sd card

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:18 pm

hello folks,
it been a awhile that i'm use the raspberry pi and i doesn't notice something important going with my sd card, after a fresh installation of raspbien jessie i notice that i have ~4GB of non partionned space on my 8GB sd card, why ? how can i fix it, to have some extra space on my pi
thanks for reply.

fruitoftheloom

Re: no partitioned space in sd card

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:36 pm

echo951357 wrote:hello folks,
it been a awhile that i'm use the raspberry pi and i doesn't notice something important going with my sd card, after a fresh installation of raspbien jessie i notice that i have ~4GB of non partionned space on my 8GB sd card, why ? how can i fix it, to have some extra space on my pi
thanks for reply.
Only if you did not use NOOBS to install Raspbian Jessie, use gparted to expand the second partition, obviously back up your SD Card first, gparted can be installed via apt-get:

http://gparted.org/display-doc.php%3Fname%3Dhelp-manual

If you used NOOBS it should of already used the whole SD Card space:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/noobs/wi ... -explained

Last edited by fruitoftheloom on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

davidcoton

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Try the first option in raspi-config (expand filesystem).
Signature retired

klricks

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:44 pm

echo951357 wrote:hello folks,
thanks for reply.
This was a big problem in the past. The system must be expanded by the user after install using raspi-config, but many people forgot to do this. Then the OS gets trashed after running out of disk space during an update or software install.
Expansion is now done automatically on first boot of recent Raspbian images. All versions of NOOBs always did expand automatically.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

echo951357

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:37 pm

hello,
i solved the problem with the utility "disk" in ubuntu :D
thank you guys for the super fast answers, i appreciated
have a nice day

Return to “General discussion”