Trebor37

Following particular posts

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Something I have not found out how to do on this forum is to mark threads that I want to follow to make it easier to find them. In particular, when I post a question I don't see a way to get back to it easily. On the Apple Forum I am able to flag my content and then get an email when there is a reply posted. I really miss that feature.

Laurens-wuyts

Re: Following particular posts

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Trebor37 wrote:Something I have not found out how to do on this forum is to mark threads that I want to follow to make it easier to find them. In particular, when I post a question I don't see a way to get back to it easily. On the Apple Forum I am able to flag my content and then get an email when there is a reply posted. I really miss that feature.
You can use the watch button, or you can go to:
search.php?search_id=egosearch

Laurens

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Three buttons above the first post in a thread. You won't have the red one, but the one before it "watch" is what you are after :)
Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 21.09.56.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 21.09.56.png (114.56 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

JimmyN

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Or you can go into your control panel and set it to automatically email you when a reply is posted.

pcmanbob

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:29 pm

I very often watch threads that I have posted on BUT I very rarely get an email telling me there has been I new post and if I do its normally several days after the post was made, so cant say I have had much success this the forum feature.

unless some one can tell me how to improve this its not a feature I plan to use.

will watch this thread just to see if I get any mails
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

MrEngman

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 pm

pcmanbob wrote:I very often watch threads that I have posted on BUT I very rarely get an email telling me there has been I new post and if I do its normally several days after the post was made, so cant say I have had much success this the forum feature.

unless some one can tell me how to improve this its not a feature I plan to use.

Just checked a few of the responses from topics I'm watching and I usually get the email almost immediately the post in the topic has been made.

posted 20 Aug 00:02 BST :D

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

klricks

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:30 pm

pcmanbob wrote:I very often watch threads that I have posted on BUT I very rarely get an email telling me there has been I new post and if I do its normally several days after the post was made, so cant say I have had much success this the forum feature.

Maybe check your spam folder. I get email notifications within minutes. Note that you only get 1 email until you visit that forum topic again.
Also check your email client settings to verify how often mail is retrieved from the server.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

pcmanbob

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:56 pm

klricks wrote:

Maybe check your spam folder. I get email notifications within minutes. Note that you only get 1 email until you visit that forum topic again.
Also check your email client settings to verify how often mail is retrieved from the server.
no not in spam folder check that for things like this on a regular bases, email program set to retrieve mail every 15min last time I got an email telling me there was a new post was 7.7.16 and it arrived in my normal inbox,I have made a few posts since and watched them too but had no emails.just checked the settings in my profile and they all seem correct so I am at a loss as to why it does not work for me.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Return to “General discussion”