DavidS

Expander Board.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:01 pm

I seem to remember an official IO expander board with good current drivers from RPi for RPi. Though I can not find reference of it.

I was hoping to find it so I would be able to make something that I can minimize the software work for, as long as I have the needed components (have no money at all).
RPi = The best ARM based RISC OS computer around
More than 95% of posts made from RISC OS on RPi 1B/1B+ computers. Most of the rest from RISC OS on RPi 2B/3B/3B+ computers

mikronauts

Re: Expander Board.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:29 pm

???

There is no official I/O expander from the RPF.

The sensor board has a number of sensor's on it.

There are many third party I/O expander boards on the market (including mine).

Try Gordon's "WiringPi" it has support for a number of common I/O chips.
DavidS wrote:I seem to remember an official IO expander board with good current drivers from RPi for RPi. Though I can not find reference of it.

I was hoping to find it so I would be able to make something that I can minimize the software work for, as long as I have the needed components (have no money at all).
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

DavidS

Re: Expander Board.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Ok, I thought I remembered the announcement back in 2012 for an official IO extender that was open source.

My mistake.
RPi = The best ARM based RISC OS computer around
More than 95% of posts made from RISC OS on RPi 1B/1B+ computers. Most of the rest from RISC OS on RPi 2B/3B/3B+ computers

Return to “General discussion”