jondallimore

Teamviewer on Pi 3

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:30 am

Hello,

Ive got Teamviewer installed on a Pi 3. Hoping to use it for remote access from an Android phone and from a PC over the internet.

Whenever I try to connect, it says the password is invalid, whether I use a random password or set my own password.

Anyone got any ideas to fix it? I would prefer not to use a sledgehammer, but I am open to explosives of some kind.

schmousou

Re: Teamviewer on Pi 3

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:44 am

I have the exact same issue with the same hardware using the latest online available teamviewer version from: http://download.teamviewer.com/download ... _armhf.deb

Would love to get some hints how to get this working. Did anyone have the same issues and found a solution?
Installation on raspbian 8.0 was without trouble and teamviewer is running normally.

Thanks in advance.

ahmedawad

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 am

Hi,

No I didn't have any issues at all I downloaded the team viewer package you provided and did the following:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i teamviewer-host_11.0.63329_armhf.deb
it gave an error at the beginning because team viewer has a dependency on qt specifically "libqt5gui5", then I did as what the console suggests

sudo apt-get -f install
after it is done, the team viewer logo window appeared and I was able to successfully connect to it from my pc.

regards

fladda

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:13 am

I just installed the TeamViewer beta on my RPi 2, using the latest version of Jessie downloaded from this site. Seems to be working OK from a TeamViewer client on my PC.

I followed the instructions in the post above from ahmedawad.

I also just downloaded TeamViewer version 11 onto my PC, as my previous TeamViewer version (version 8) would not connect. Perhaps the password issue reported above is due to using an older version of TeamViewer client ?

Ralph

IgorGanapolsky

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:14 pm

ahmedawad wrote:Hi,

No I didn't have any issues at all I downloaded the team viewer package you provided and did the following:

it gave an error at the beginning because team viewer has a dependency on qt specifically "libqt5gui5", then I did as what the console suggests

sudo apt-get -f install
after it is done, the team viewer logo window appeared and I was able to successfully connect to it from my pc.

regards
I followed your steps, but am getting this error:
**errors were encountered while processing**

ahmedawad

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:49 pm

IgorGanapolsky wrote:
ahmedawad wrote:Hi,

sudo apt-get -f install

regards
I followed your steps, but am getting this error:
**errors were encountered while processing**
Hi, if it is dependency problems such as those of qt then try running:

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5qml5 libqt5quick5 libqt5webkit5 libqt5qml5 libqt5core5a qml-module-qtquick-controls qml-module-qtquick2 libqt5widgets5
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo dpkg -i teamviewer-host_armhf.deb
this may solve the problem

fradan2017

Thu May 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem with Teamviewer for Raspian.
Try editing in General Tab -> Display name. It was not the same as keyboard.
If I type "fra" Display name is showing "hva" (strange because keyboard is working as normal in other applications).

Anyway, it might be that your password is what you think it is because of this reason.
Not sure if this is because of bug in Teamviewer app or some wrong key mapping?

nicologhezzi

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I fixed the problem on terminal writing:
sudo apt-get update
and then:
sudo apt-get -f install

luckily

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:08 pm

And I fixed by this:
apt --fix-broken install