PieRas

Kindle VNC

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:24 am

Hi all

I've read that it's possible to connect a Kindle to a Raspberry Pi using vnc, but how many models are exactly supported? I would like to use a Kindle Paperwhite 3 or the basic Kindle 2016

and another important question: is it possible to do the whole process only from the pi (if touchscreen on the kindle is not working at all and no physical buttons available)?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Kindle VNC

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:19 am

PieRas wrote:Hi all

I've read that it's possible to connect a Kindle to a Raspberry Pi using vnc, but how many models are exactly supported? I would like to use a Kindle Paperwhite 3 or the basic Kindle 2016

and another important question: is it possible to do the whole process only from the pi (if touchscreen on the kindle is not working at all and no physical buttons available)?

Without a working Kindle you have no way to set up a SSH / VNC Client on the Kindle !!!

Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

PieRas

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:58 am

everything's working except for the touch capability, so isn't it possible to control it from the pi?

memolima

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

PieRas wrote:everything's working except for the touch capability, so isn't it possible to control it from the pi?

Same problem here...my touchscreen responds 50% of the time...any luck yet?

Return to “General discussion”