surfparadise

Zero pi in Italy/Spain

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:08 am

Ok, thanks to the efforts did by the foundation, right now the zero Pi is present in the stock of all the official resellers, but when the italian or spanish people can buy it? Could be a nice summer gift have the possibility to get it!

Thanks

fanoush

Re: Zero pi in Italy/Spain

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:17 am

Just checked and at least The Pi Hut now have Italy and Spain in the country dropdown at checkout. However the shipping for single Zero appears to be £12.00.

BTW, for some reason they still don't have Czech Republic even if they added Slovakia,Slovenia,Estonia,Hungary...

surfparadise

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:26 am

Yes.... But I don't think that pay 12£ for a 5€ device is a good option...

Please make a phone call to RS Components!

RaTTuS

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:33 am

RS or Element14 do not stock the product because they will not sell it for $5

buy other stuff at the same time ?
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

fruitoftheloom

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:46 am

surfparadise wrote:Ok, thanks to the efforts did by the foundation, right now the zero Pi is present in the stock of all the official resellers, but when the italian or spanish people can buy it? Could be a nice summer gift have the possibility to get it!

Thanks
The MagPi Magazine includes a FREE ZERO if you purchase a Subscription:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/subscribe

Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

surfparadise

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:47 am

I know. But could be possible to find some national resellers in these countries.... Or may be sell it through RS at 6/7€.

One thing is clear, the actual method doesn't work very well.

fruitoftheloom

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:51 am

Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

surfparadise

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:57 am

Is a good news that these resellers have introduced Italy in the shipping list, but.....again...

I don't want pay £7.50 for a 5€ device!!

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:24 pm

You are not paying 7.50 or whatever for a $5 device.

You are paying $5 for the device, and 7.50Euro (or £12 or whatever) for it to be delivered to your house. You should not conflate the two, they are separate costs.

EDIT: An example. I bought a lathe and a milling machine at an auction. They cost be £110 and £150 respectively. It cost £500 to move them to my house.

It doesn't matter what the cost of the item, it still costs money to move it from place to place. So putting the price of the Pi up still means the same postage cost!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:25 pm

jamesh wrote:You are not paying 7.50 or whatever for a $5 device.

You are paying $5 for the device, and 7.50Euro (or £12 or whatever) for it to be delivered to your house. You should not conflate the two, they are separate costs.

Buy 20 of them and sell the rest of them to your countrymen. You'll make profit too ;)

Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

gordon77

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:52 pm

surfparadise wrote:Is a good news that these resellers have introduced Italy in the shipping list, but.....again...

I don't want pay £7.50 for a 5€ device!!
I live in th UK and paid £7.50 for a $5 (£5 = £3.33 + VAT) device.

surfparadise

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:07 pm

:shock:

First of all there is a restriction of 1 device for order.

A part this, comparing a mill machine with a device that could fit into an envelope is not really clever.

And more....RS for example offer free shipment if you retire the item in certain place.

Massi

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:12 pm

texy wrote:Buy 20 of them and sell the rest of them to your countrymen. You'll make profit too ;)
Texy
you can't. i'm waiting for the limit to be removed

btw this is an old problem, at least now if you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for the dispatchment you can.

If i buy a mill machine from UK in italy or in france i pay the same money. This is the problem, not the "7.5£"

fanoush

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:14 pm

texy wrote: Buy 20 of them and sell the rest of them to your countrymen. You'll make profit too ;)
Texy
Which is what you currently cannot do with Zero. We're back to the 1 zero per order/customer limit talk.
There would be much less complains like this for expensive shipping if you could buy more at once. Even two would be massive improvement.

I hope this comes really soon. Even now pimoroni/pihut alocate some quantity to kits. Why not to make Zero twin pack now, allocate e.g. 1/4 of stock to it and see where we'll get from there? Then later make it pack of 3 or 4 and still have some stock allocated to the 1 per customer item so it won't sell out.

surfparadise

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Massi wrote:
texy wrote:Buy 20 of them and sell the rest of them to your countrymen. You'll make profit too ;)
Texy

btw this is an old problem, at least now if you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for the dispatchment you can.

If i buy a mill machine from UK in italy or in france i pay the same money. This is the problem, not the "7.5£"

Right.

I think that the moderators today suffer a little bit the summer sun....

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Ok. So I forgot about the restriction but it won't last for ever.
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):

jamesh

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 pm

surfparadise wrote:
Massi wrote:
Texy

Right.

I think that the moderators today suffer a little bit the summer sun....
We are in the UK. We don't have the sun. What we do have is pragmatism.

The mill weighs 600kg. At that weight, you pay more the further you want to go. But that wasn't the point. The point was that is cost money to move things from place to place. It's not just the physical cost of the movement, but any ancillaries. In the case of some countries, the rate of 'loss' of deliveries means to compensate for that, the delivery cost is higher.

Don't blame the RPF or suppliers, when the blame lies elsewhere. Presumably in corrupt people who say something hasn't been delivered when it really has. Do you complain about car insurance in the same way? Car insurance prices are much higher than they should be because of bogus claims raising prices for everyone. Everyone suffers because of a few crooks. Same thing, or at least similar.

If RS are offering free delivery on something, they are making that money back elsewhere. There is no such thing as FREE delivery (does your postman work for free? Does the airline carrying the item do it for free? Is ther packaging it is sent in free? Nope to all). The cost has to be absorbed somewhere, and that is in increased item prices.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...

Massi

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:37 pm

jamesh wrote:Don't blame the RPF or suppliers, when the blame lies elsewhere. Presumably in corrupt people who say something hasn't been delivered when it really has.
yeah! italia, pizza, mafia, maccheroni

BMS Doug

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Massi wrote:
jamesh wrote:Don't blame the RPF or suppliers, when the blame lies elsewhere. Presumably in corrupt people who say something hasn't been delivered when it really has.
yeah! italia, pizza, mafia, maccheroni
I can only think of four possible reasons for the increased postage cost.
  • Supplier doesn't like Italians and has hiked his prices up to compensate.
  • Someone in the central postal system is stealing post.
  • A significant percentage of recipients fraudulently claim not to have received their deliveries.
  • The post is being eaten by a monster.
I suspect that the suppliers (plural) are not biased against specific people but instead would like your money so would like to send you their items at a reasonable price but are not allowed to do so by their insurers (maybe their insurers are biased?).
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

Pithagoros

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:05 pm

I've sent a few zeros to Italy and Spain to help people out, and they have all safely reached their destination in just a few days. One to Barcelona was sent on Friday and arrived Monday.
I sent them by the cheapest possible service.

surfparadise

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Could be enought put the shipment at lower price (untracked) with an advice: "if you choose this option, we don't guarantee the delivery of the package. No refund will be provided in case the item loss "

Done. It's works for me, and for many others. I buy a lot of things in this way from china.

Is it too many pragmatic for you?

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:16 pm

You can't compare Europe to China when the Chinese government pays most or all of the postage.
Texy

HermannSW

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:12 pm

I am located in Germany, and I did order and receive 4 Zeros in total.
Because of the 1 piece restriction I did order two times in parallel at thepihut.com and pimoroni.com.
Price was 4£ plus 4£ for shipping to Germany for one piece, which is 9.56€ or 10.65$.
But where is the problem -- 1GHz CPU for that price is still really cheap.

I have received >100 separate items from aliexpress.com with free shipping to Germany from China (Arduinos, motor controllers, laser LEDs and sensors, ...), but you cannot expect free shipping in Europe.

Even for the two NanoPi Neos I bought for 8$ per piece from Guangzhou(China) I had to pay 7$ shipping in total:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic ... msg2842531

Hermann.
⇨https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/en/Raspberry_camera.html

https://github.com/Hermann-SW/Raspberry_v1_camera_global_external_shutter
https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/github_repo_i420toh264
https://github.com/Hermann-SW/fork-raspiraw
https://twitter.com/HermannSW

jamesh

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:06 am

Pithagoros wrote:I've sent a few zeros to Italy and Spain to help people out, and they have all safely reached their destination in just a few days. One to Barcelona was sent on Friday and arrived Monday.
I sent them by the cheapest possible service.
There is a huge difference between sending a Pi, personally, to an acquaintance, and sending from a company to an anonymous individual.

Most acquaintances don't try to rip each other off, whereas individuals ripping off companies is more likely.

jamesh

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:09 am

surfparadise wrote:Could be enought put the shipment at lower price (untracked) with an advice: "if you choose this option, we don't guarantee the delivery of the package. No refund will be provided in case the item loss "

Done. It's works for me, and for many others. I buy a lot of things in this way from china.

Is it too many pragmatic for you?
I suspect that might be against European law, unscrupulous supplies (and I mean for anything, not just Pi stuff) could use it as a get out clause.

Return to “General discussion”