dbagatini

My experience with RS

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 pm

The question is simple: RS stole my money?

Judge yourself

1- I ordered and paid my RaspberryPi in 24th May (reference order 39852). The shipment expected date was about 6 weeks;
2- After 6 weeks and no shipment I contacted RS and they sent me a link to their FAQ. I found no help in the FAQ, so...
3- I contacted RS again and they sent me a table with several dates and order numbers (the table can be found in other post here [url]http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=8786[/url])
4- Remember, my order number is 39852 and today is 22th August, by this table my Rasp should have been shipped in June!!!!!
5- After I have questioned this they sent me another email with a new shipment date for 16th August..
The "new" shipment did not happend!!
6- So I contacted them in 18th August asking my money back and they simple didi not answered.

So my RaspberryPi was never shipped
My money is aparently lost

And so I question you: [b]RS stole my money?[/b]

please, sorry any bad english

Daniel

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: My experience with RS

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:43 pm

simply give them a call, that is more productive than telling your story here.
Also, It could just as well have been your transporter that has "your money" if it has been lost in mail.

dbagatini

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 pm

mahjongg, I did not call because I am not in UK.

And about the possibility "lost by mail", well, RS never sent me any tracking number or shipment confirmation.

joan

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 pm

The law varies according to country and how you paid.

If by PayPal raise a dispute, if by credit/debit card ask your bank for a refund.

Roalush

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 am

I don't think RS stole your money.

I think whey are in a bit of a mess right now. Here is what happened in my case:

My order was delayed for months, and only when I cancelled my order whey found out that my Pi was returned to sender. It was delivered to me 5 days after that.
About a week later, some other guy from their costumer service, not knowing that my order was already redelibered, emailed me that my Pi was returned to them asking me if I want it to be redelivered or get a refund.

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:15 am

They are currently doing exactly the same thing to me. Really annoyed actually.

Jim JKla

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am

I would love to know how many RPi's there are now but even a very small percentage of failed deliverys looks bad when there are only two suppliers. ;)

I think you were right to mention it here but your complaint has to be with RS or the shipping agent between them and you. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

robwriter

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 pm

In this country it's the repsonsibility of the company selling you an item to get it delivered safely, so even if it's lost in the post, it's RS's problem.

Mr.Dave

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm

I bought my Pi from RS and they delivered it to me fine

People who bought a case with their Pi have to wait longer

If you are not in the UK, then obviously it will take a lot longer to get to you

Up to 12 weeks delivery for people in the UK when I ordered, From end of May > End of August = 12 weeks, then you have to wait for shipping overseas

Plenty of time yet

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm going through the same experience. 9 weeks+ waiting and whenever I try to speak to them they promise to "get straight back to me" and then they never ever do. I can't get an answer as to where my order is and I can't even get them to give a refund. I will be getting my cash back from the bank tomorrow.

rmwebs

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:44 pm

I've got 2 orders with them, around 12 weeks old. Not heard a peep.

RS sucks, there's no way you can sugarcoat it. Complete waste of time. They were long known (previous to the Pi) as being a bit of a snobbish 'No Consumers' operation, and this just shows how incompetent they really are.

If they actually gave a damn at all there would be an email sent out every month to those with outstanding orders, reminding them that their estimated shipping date is XYZ, and to keep an eye on a certain web page, which has the latest shipping estimates.

Can I ask why the foundation is still staying quiet about this? A number of people have voiced their concerns with RS, and have also reported zero communications. Surely the foundation can at very least poke someone in the back and get them here to explain themselves.

canibalimao

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:02 pm

rmwebs wrote:Can I ask why the foundation is still staying quiet about this? A number of people have voiced their concerns with RS, and have also reported zero communications. Surely the foundation can at very least poke someone in the back and get them here to explain themselves.
This as been discussed here since the first problems with the RS orders, and nothing has been done. I know that the members of Fundation have their own lifes, and they don't live for the RaspberryPi, but I think this is more important than give interviews to all the tecnology magazines advertising their product.
The Fundation founders/members are the only one who can put the screws on them and understand what's goin on...

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 pm

canibalimao wrote:
rmwebs wrote:Can I ask why the foundation is still staying quiet about this? A number of people have voiced their concerns with RS, and have also reported zero communications. Surely the foundation can at very least poke someone in the back and get them here to explain themselves.
This as been discussed here since the first problems with the RS orders, and nothing has been done. I know that the members of Fundation have their own lifes, and they don't live for the RaspberryPi, but I think this is more important than give interviews to all the tecnology magazines advertising their product.
The Fundation founders/members are the only one who can put the screws on them and understand what's goin on...
It would be nice to get a response from them. I am totally disgusted with RS and I really really hope they can find someone else to supply this product.

MarkW

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Mine's due next Friday, I have it marked on my calendar - but it arrived yesterday, well pleased, prompt service in it's way ;)
And it works off my Freeloader for hours!

MoeSzyslak

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Guys, lets wait a little bit more.

Jim JKla

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Pass on the spec of your freeloader ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

dbagatini

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 am

I have tried everything now.
They didn't even answer me.
I know that problems happen but they are simple ignoring any of my conctacts...

Return to “General discussion”