adas82

i'm new just plugged in nothing happens

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 am

just plugged my new raspberry pi 3 nothing happening download noobs and everything I think if anyone can thanks

broe23

Re: i'm new just plugged in nothing happens

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:57 am

What do you mean by plugging it in? Where did you purchase your Pi? Are you using the Micro USB port for power? What are you using for a monitor? Have you checked the Noobs card to make sure that there is still an image on it?
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good.

adas82

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 am

yes using micro usb for power. HDMI in to tv get one red led light

Paule87

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 am

You say you have noobs is it the full noobs or noobs lite (network install only) and (sounds silly but easily forgotten ) unzipped noobs from its archive? If you're using a pc then you can just drag and drop the files onto the card as long as fat format (some tutorials will ask to use win 32 disk imagery) once copied across put into your pi and power up connect to network for all available os's, good luck hope that this helps.

bensimmo

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:44 am

adas82 wrote:just plugged my new raspberry pi 3 nothing happening download noobs and everything I think if anyone can thanks
Redownload and follow the NOOBS setup
https://www.raspberrypi.org/help/noobs-setup/

I assume that is what you tried but no harm in doing it again. Maybe just reformat the SD card and copy across again.

Also have a quick look at you power supply, it should have an output rating on it. 5V@2.5A or 5V at 500mA sort of thing.
It needs to be annoyingly high on a raspberryPi3 even though it doesn't seem to actually use that much in general use. The link post to troubleshooting may help if you can get your head around all the info there. When I read it it didn't make much sense and just got confusing after a bit. :o
It was a few months back iirc, couldn't get my Zero booting with my cards.

Return to “General discussion”