gabomdq

Re: The most expensive R-Pi of the world!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 pm

It comes on a plastic pouch attached on the outside of the package. Every shipment should have it.

rafaelgcpp

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:56 am

BTW, after the "local mail" news, did any of you guys received your R-Pis?

I ordered mine in May, and I am still waiting.

pksato

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Hello,
Now is possible to buy a R-Pi direct from Farnell Newark Element14 Brasil. It is out of catalog.
I have no idea how many units they have brought, were probably few.
They are selling as a special offer for R$170.50 (~US$84), plus local shipping costs.
I ordered one lasts Friday (07/27), was delivered on Tuesday (07/31).
Total paid was R$182.21 (~US$90).
In early March, I asked Fanell Brasil about Raspberry Pi, and they put me on a waiting list. And last Thursday (07/26) I received a email whit this special offer.
Ask about the availability by email [email protected].

alexham

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:44 pm

You are lucky that you got it. I paid about $75 and got nothing to date. I hear from far too many people that RS is not a good company to deal with and the only way to treat businesses like that is not to give them any orders.

pipi

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:34 am

In my country, customs duty is calculated as a percentage of the total (value of the item + shipping).

rafaelgcpp

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:13 pm

pipi, the same happens in Brazil. it is a little more confusing:

Base price= (Price + Freight)
Import Tax= 60% * Base Price (maximum)
Industrial Tax=10% * (Base Price + Import Tax)
Freight Tax = 25% * Freigth

Final price = Base Price + Import Tax + Industrial Tax + Freight Tax = 1.76 * Price + 2* Freight

The 60% Import Tax is a maximum rate applied to "simplified imports", made by regular citizens. For bulk imports, bought by big companies, this tax is around 15%.

agern

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Just for information, a similar (but happier) courier/vs/non-courrier story for my Pi delivery, in Switzerland (non-EU):

I ordered from element14, and they used ordinary airmail post service - I dont think I had a choice when ordering though, but that's what heppened.. However this meant no extra fees, it just arrived.

Here it's customs-duty free for less than ~$60, but for courrier services they charge a supplement for "faster service through customs".., but as they sent with ordinary mail, it meant 0 fees.

Actually, at a final total cost of £27.25 (as there is no UK VAT charged for non-EU desitnations), it is probably one of the cheapest a Pi can be bought! --- Cheaper than buying it in the UK even (~£30)!

fjfernandez

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm

In Mexico I just suffered a similar experience.

I ordered my R-Pi, and was faced with a 3,000 mexican pesos (aprox 220 USD) for customs, duty and tax!, usually this kind of devices are except since they are for prototyping/development/educational purposes, but since I'm not a registered importer, I was taxed the hevyest total!

I kept it since for me is not just a device, but a keystone of the future of computing and automation, so I love to have a piece of History with me, but to make R-Pi practical we would need, as couterintuitive as it may sound, a local distributor that imports them, and resell them locally. :(

Pepe6811

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm

emercer wrote:
rasbeer wrote:Is there someone at RS people in this situation could contact to ask for 'Brazilian style' shipping?
Mike @ [email protected] is the one I talked to last time (referred to by Margareth Walker @ [email protected]). But I still have no confirmation that it actually shipped, let alone via regular airmail, so take all this info with a BIG grain of salt.
Em português:

Prezado Emercer,

Sou brasileiro e gostaria de comprar o Raspberry Pi modelo B. Qual a melhor forma, na sua opinião? Até agora parece que é no eBay, com disponibilidade imediata, mas os preços estão bem maiores do que os U$ 35 anunciados.

Estou à sua disposição para qualquer coisa que puder ajudar.

In English:
Dear Emercer,

I am Brazilian and I would buy the Raspberry Pi Model B.

How best, in your opinion? So far it seems to be on eBay, with immediate availability, but prices are much higher than the $ 35 advertised by the manufacturer's website.

I am at your disposal for anything that can help.

MendelGusmao

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 am

I'm particularly disappointed with RS Components. It's almost 10 months since I ordered a RasPi and until now I received only the power supply.

The RasPi was ordered in may 17, 2012.
First I tried to cancel the order in july (because of the previous order at Newark, this post's motivation) then they said that as the RasPi was already despatched they couldn't do it. I decided to wait.

In september I received a despatch notification and after that, I received the power supply.
In november I asked about the RasPi and RS said that it was despatched in november with expected date of delivery as december 21.
In january 9 I asked again because the previous deadline was not met. I received an e-mail in january 24 (after a tweet, maybe) offering me the delivery through DHL. Then, afraid of paying again absurd amounts of taxes, I asked if I would have to pay more for this delivery mode. I got no answers after that. Until now my RasPi wasn't delivered and I don't have no clue of where it is. They don't send me a tracking number to do an investigation and check if it could have been stolen or lost, only promises and promises of deliveries with every answer taking weeks to be sent.

You know what? The only happy thing of it all is that my money somehow helped the foundation on its goals of getting the kids to learn and enter this wonderful world of technology having the perspective of an engineer.

Doesn't matter if RS failed to track your deliveries the right way. I got no RasPi but I feel happy to know a kid can get one.

Yeah, the best 50 bucks I spent in my whole life.

ghans

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 am

Can't you call them ? Or make use of your customer rights ?

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

MendelGusmao

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:08 pm

The hype has passed so I would like to have a refund but I don't know if they would do that after so long. I'll try.

This is the first time I have "international" customer issues. :lol:

slainte

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 am

And I thought having to wait a week or two was bad. Sorry to hear about your troubles in taxation and delivery. Personally, I would have lost my sh*t a long time ago if had to deal with that regularly.

Hope things get better. . .

Return to “General discussion”