canibalimao

Re: General RS Posts

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:52 pm

VamonosPest wrote:I spent about £70 total on my Pi order I think. No sign of it, no reply to email and it looks like people can't even get a refund. :x

If I had a choice right now I would ask RS to pay the money to Farnell who apparently do know how to do business.
This is the biggest problem. If it was easy to be refound by RS half of the people who are here complaining don't even post in this thread. They simply cancel their order, place another order on Farnell and that's it. No more big problems.

I've already order another Pi to Farnell, but now, since I can't be refound by RS, I'll have to wait for both Pi to arrive and then sell one of those to someone who don't want to wait...

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Been in touch with them today, they said they'd get back to me but didn't and are just blanking me again. Can't get my order and can't get them to give me a refund. Being reported to my bank as fraud now.

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I just called the number on this link: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... id=footer1

And asked for the name and address of their legal team to send court documents to and informed them I will now go through the courts for my money.

I'd highly recommend anyone who is having trouble getting their money from this shambles of a company do the same.

canibalimao

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:54 pm

VamonosPest wrote:I just called the number on this link: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... id=footer1

And asked for the name and address of their legal team to send court documents to and informed them I will now go through the courts for my money.

I'd highly recommend anyone who is having trouble getting their money from this shambles of a company do the same.
Thanks for the help, but, for me, the problem is that I'm from Portugal, not from the UK. I don't know how can I report them as fraudulent here in Portugal, since they are from another country...

The best way for me, I think is wait until the end of September to have the package on the way and then seel it to someone here. This way I don't lose all the money... :|

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

canibalimao wrote:
VamonosPest wrote:I just called the number on this link: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... id=footer1

Thanks for the help, but, for me, the problem is that I'm from Portugal, not from the UK. I don't know how can I report them as fraudulent here in Portugal, since they are from another country...

The best way for me, I think is wait until the end of September to have the package on the way and then seel it to someone here. This way I don't lose all the money... :|
I'm not certain of Portugal laws in particular but I know in the UK you can go the courthouse and ask for advice about filing claims against organisations. Maybe your local courts could advise you on how to proceed?

canibalimao

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:16 pm

VamonosPest wrote:
canibalimao wrote:

I'm not certain of Portugal laws in particular but I know in the UK you can go the courthouse and ask for advice about filing claims against organisations. Maybe your local courts could advise you on how to proceed?
Here I don't know how that works. The Portuguese Governement still have their mind a litle closed about online shopping, online beting (this is changing now) and other online stuff.
The only thing I think I can do (if at the end of September this problem persists) is go to my bank and talk to a manager to see what he advises me to do.
But, until there I'll wait to see the progress of RS orders...

steve_ancell

Order not showing on RS account.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:27 pm

I ordered my RPi on the 29th June 2012, just went into my RS account to see my order progress and it don't even show on there.

Looks like I will have to phone a premium rate number to find out what's going on, their online contact system doesn't seem to allow enquiries or this nature, not impressed. :evil:

[Mod edit for language]

steve_ancell

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:49 pm

And to top it off I just tried phoning support and it don't even exist, it just left me a return link in my call history to download ringback tones. My advice to the Raspberry Pi Foundation, stop using suppliers like RS before they earn you a bad name. :x

[Mod edit for language]

steve_ancell

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:26 pm

I am actually going to put together a formal letter and send it and if they don't take notice, I'm taking it to the press and I'm going to open a "Boycott RS Components" site.

[Mod edit for content and warning issued - we'd really appreciate it if you don't make accusations which could get the Foundation sued for libel.]

Mortimer

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Hmmm! I've dealt with RS countless times by email, phone, fax, over-the-counter and never had a problem, but because you can't seem to illicit a response from them for some reason or other, you deem them unworthy of anyone's business and should be boycotted by everyone. You might find a few supporters here from those who have had problems getting deliveries and information from RS, but I think you'll find that compared to the 10's if not 100's of thousands of RS customers for Raspberry Pis you are a in the minority.

I wish you luck in getting through to them, I would however suggest that office hours during the week might be the better time to get through.
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

steve_ancell

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:11 pm

OK I will delete the above posts but only for the sake of avoiding getting the RPi Foundation into trouble, RS really need to get their customer communications in order.

For the record, I have a mental disorder and obviously after discovering that my orders in my RS account are blank, I'm thinking the worst scenarior right now.

steve_ancell

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:25 pm

I just noticed my posts have already been adjusted, thanks to the mod that made that happen. I now realise that I should have been less liberal with my rant, I promise to be more careful with my wording from now on. ;)

ferrymanr

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

I have used RS since it was Radiospares the mid 1960s. Then it was a respected supplier, particularly for low volume orders and quick delivery. Later when it was known as RS their vast folders of datasheets and multiple catlalogue sections was a large section of the library that took pride of place in my office. Not any more. In light of my experience with the purchase and non supply of my Rasperry Pi (order 82521) I shall not be using or recommending RS to anyone.

The Raspberry Pi is primarily aimed at the student. Many of these students, most of whom will in future specify suppliers, will go out into industry with a very poor image of RS. Bad publicity travles like wildfire and lasts for years. RS will find it very difficult to rebuild their image after this debacle.
Richard

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Whilst one experience can taint you, you have many years of good experiences. Has this one issue negated all those years of good service?

I'm not, btw, apologising for RS. They can do that themselves!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Mortimer

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Also I thought the management of ordering and shipping of Raspberry Pis and accessories is separated from their main business isn't it. If we want something really quick, i.e. 24 hours, RS is still the supplier to do that. I don't expect their handling of the Raspberry Pi will haven't much if any noticeable impact on their reputation as far as their core business goes, certainly not here anyway.
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

steve_ancell

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 pm

I would like to take the opportunity to apollogise to the moderators and any members that I may have offended with my rant a few days ago, I was having a mood swing due to having Bi-Polar Disorder and I'm still trying to get used to the medication that I'm on. With that out of the way though, I feel that I should have handled it better than I did and I admit that I was wrong.

Sorry about what I did, I feel really bad about this and I hope you may accept my apollogy.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Honestly Steve: it's absolutely fine! You sent me such a nice message about it, and you've bent over to apologise, both of which are far more than most people would do.

Bipolar is a dreadful thing to live with. I've a couple of good friends whose whole lives are ruled by it, and it's humbling to watch them manage it; and very distressing for those of us who love them and wish we could help. I'm impressed by your *unnecessary* humility and politeness about it. Thanks very much, and best wishes from all of us at the Foundation.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

JTrevorJ

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm

My order 93xxx arrived this Monday in the deep-south of Tasmania. The order was placed Fri, 22 Jun 2012 - so the delivery was near-enough as promised.
Unfortunately when I gave it the first test-run - Nothing! Just a little red light. The wiki suggested a corrupt SD card. So slid it into the card reader and found it totally empty, a blank card. My order stated:
2000117882 1 4GB SD Card with Raspberry Pi OS installed £9.99 £9.99
So I was a little miffed to receive a blank!
As soon as I downloaded the wheezy.img and flashed the card I had a perfect working system. Sound, video, inter net, all peripherals and systems go.
So bad news and good news.

steve_ancell

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

liz wrote:Honestly Steve: it's absolutely fine! You sent me such a nice message about it, and you've bent over to apologise, both of which are far more than most people would do.

Bipolar is a dreadful thing to live with. I've a couple of good friends whose whole lives are ruled by it, and it's humbling to watch them manage it; and very distressing for those of us who love them and wish we could help. I'm impressed by your *unnecessary* humility and politeness about it. Thanks very much, and best wishes from all of us at the Foundation.
Thanks for your support liz. I just received an email from RS which I will paste on here shortly. ;)

steve_ancell

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 am

I just received the following message from RS.

Dear customer,

Thanks again for your Raspberry Pi order, reference number **********. We are busy working with the suppliers who provide components for your Raspberry Pi to ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible.

Since receiving your order, we have been advised that our next batch of approximately 40,000 Raspberry Pi’s will now be arriving during September, with further deliveries expected in October. This delay is due to the very high level of demand on the core Raspberry Pi processor chip. Unfortunately, this means that your order could be delayed by up to 5 weeks, although we are trying to reduce this as much as possible. We have updated the delivery schedule displayed in our FAQ’s and on the Raspberry Pi forum. As soon as we receive confirmation of any improvements from our manufacturers, we will advise you.

Please accept our apologies for this delay and be assured we are doing everything we can to ensure the fastest possible delivery of your Raspberry Pi.

Yours sincerely,

RS Components & Allied Electronics

Mortimer

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 am

At least it confirms that they do have your order, despite it not showing up on your account, which is something I suppose. A shame about the added delay though.
--------------

steve_ancell

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 am

Mortimer wrote:At least it confirms that they do have your order, despite it not showing up on your account, which is something I suppose. A shame about the added delay though.
I totally agree, my mind is more at rest now that I know RS haven't forgotten me.

pluggy

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:58 pm

I finally got the refund from cancelling the Pi I had on order with RS.
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
I must not tread on too many sacred cows......

canibalimao

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 pm

pluggy wrote:I finally got the refund from cancelling the Pi I had on order with RS.
When do you cancel the order? And and how you pay'd: Paypal or credit card?

pluggy

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Its was around the beginning of August when I cancelled and I paid by debit card. I never got any email confirmation (or any other communication for that matter) the money just quietly appeared in my bank account one day.
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
I must not tread on too many sacred cows......

Return to “General discussion”