1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

pluggy

Re: Warning for RS Component

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 am

NOTLUCKY wrote:Hello together,

at this time I must tell you, do not by from RS Componet.!!!! :(

My Problem:
I have orderd a Raspberry on 2.7.2012 and RS debit my Visa on 3.7.2012! After writing to 'raspberrypi@rswww.com' no reaction. Wow nice.

To call with RS was not possible, because they say write to 'raspberrypi@rswww.com'. Ha Ha Ha.
I'm still smarting from having a thread very similar to this deleted and a warning less than a month ago. I think the sheer number of people now complaining about RS has made them realise they can't hang, draw and quarter everyone....

I cancelled my order 2 weeks ago as per : http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=13654

No reply, still waiting for them to return my money. I never got a reply to an email I sent going on 2 months ago after getting the run around from their switchboard and them insisting on hiding behind their damned email address.
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
I must not tread on too many sacred cows......

scep

Re: Warning for RS Component

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 am

The "please don't moan" request is simply to try and stop endless threads like this proliferating. If a new thread is just a statement of fact to the effect that you are annoyed with Farnell/RS then it's worse than pointless - it actually makes it harder for everyone to get real help and makes more work for the moderators.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: General RS Posts

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:49 pm

I disagree, with the distributors failing to give us much real info on what is going on other users experiences are the best thing to guide buying descisions.

pluggy

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm with plugwash. Moaning threads affect the decisions of other people.

scep

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 pm

@plug* : You're both confusing moaning with constructive criticism/sharing experiences. Posting your trials and tribulations and what you have done to try and sort them etc is useful and welcome.
Starting threads like the two following real examples, usually with some cryptic topic title, is completely unhelpful and wastes everone's time:
Hello together,

at this time I must tell you, do not by from RS Componet.!!!! :(

My Problem:
I have orderd a Raspberry on 2.7.2012 and RS debit my Visa on 3.7.2012! After writing to 'raspberrypi@rswww.com' no reaction. Wow nice.

To call with RS was not possible, because they say write to 'raspberrypi@rswww.com'. Ha Ha Ha.
(What does this guy want? Alternative ways to contact RS? A way to cancel his order? Then why not ask for it instead of the whole "Wow nice ...Ha Ha Ha." thing? When did he write? Where does he live? etc. )

or, for the umpteenth time, something like:
I order my Raspberry pi of Rs online and asked if i could have an update on how long i could be but i never received a reply can you help thanks
It's really easy for your thread not to end up in here:
1. Give your thread a clear, appropriate title.
2. If you want something, ask specific questions (that have not already been obviously answered loads of times before).
3. Share you own experiences in a clear and calm manner :)

pluggy

Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:30 pm

At least I'm not 'down the road' ;)

scep

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 pm

OK, you've talked me into it :)

toxibunny

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:20 pm

My order with RS went smoothly.
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...

JustPat

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:18 am

toxibunny wrote:My order with RS went smoothly.
Really? Could you please give us some details? Date of order, accessories ordered, how long it took to receive the pi, estimated delivery wait when you ordered, and approximate order number would be very helpful. A lot of people are waiting for a pi from RS (myself included) and would love to hear these details.

Thanks!

canibalimao

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:08 am

When do ordered your RPi? Maybe you're one of the lucky guys who ordered the first "copies" from RS.

Like JustPat said, give us some details and, maybe, some tips for those who are waiting for some contact by RS.

I'm not even asking to RS send now the board, I just want to receive an answer to my contact...
If at least we can cancel the order and rceive the money back, but even when we cancel the order they still not answering...

PaulCheffus

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 pm

JustPat wrote:
Really? Could you please give us some details? Date of order, accessories ordered, how long it took to receive the pi, estimated delivery wait when you ordered, and approximate order number would be very helpful. A lot of people are waiting for a pi from RS (myself included) and would love to hear these details.

Thanks!
Hi

As did both mine.

Registered 3 March
Invited to order 28 May
Ordered 28 May order 471xx (PSU, SD card and Pi)
Delivered 28 June

Registered 16 April (this was originally my sons order but he decided not to go ahead)
Invited to order 22 June
Ordered 22 June order 992xx (Pi only)
Delivered 30 July

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

toxibunny

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 pm

I was number 73,000ish - somewhere in the twilight zone between the first batch and the second. I think my order code was a little late to appear (felt like a couple of weeks or so), so I fired off an email to someone@rs.com, or whatever, asking where my code was. A couple of days later my code arrived, so I ordered one raspi with no accessories. RS website said it'd be shipped in 7 weeks or so, and it did arrive something like 7 weeks later.

I've been following this pretty much since the announcements in May? last year, so I was used to waiting by then...
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...

canibalimao

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:46 am

PaulCheffus wrote:
JustPat wrote:

Thanks!
Hi

As did both mine.

Registered 3 March
Invited to order 28 May
Ordered 28 May order 471xx (PSU, SD card and Pi)
Delivered 28 June

Registered 16 April (this was originally my sons order but he decided not to go ahead)
Invited to order 22 June
Ordered 22 June order 992xx (Pi only)
Delivered 30 July

Cheers

Paul
So you were one lucky guy who ordered one Pi one the first batch and another Pi in the beginning of the second batch...

Thanks for the feedback ;)

SoerenH

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:29 pm

(last) Update:
I just canceled my order at RS as my package from their competitor finally arrived (Ordered the day I discovered that RS didn't keep up to their promise and had left me behind).

Waiting until mid/end of October for an order that was placed on February 28th (okay, "express of interest" in that case) was clearly not acceptable... Needless to say that I'm HUGELY disappointed with RS :evil: .

ferrymanr

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

I have also found RS to be much less efficient than Farnell. I received my Farnell order a month ago, less than one month after the order was placed. My RS order was confirmed and payment made over two months ago and I am still waiting for any progress although the quoted 9 weeks has expired.. As an OAP I resent RS holding my money for that period of time. If they are doing this to thousands of customers then they must be taking an enormeous financial advantage. Score: Farnell 1 - RS 0
>>>>>>>>>
RS Stock No. Qty Description Unit Price Goods Value
756-8308 1 Raspberry Pi Type B Single Board Computer £21.60 £21.60
Case-CLR 1 Raspberry Pi Type B Case - Clear £3.99 £3.99
Running Total £25.59
Tax £5.12
Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 9 week(s)) £4.95
Order total £35.66
<<<<<<<<<

erlantz

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:17 pm

I ordered a Pi with RS on June, 1st, and until now didn't receive even a email answer about my purchase.

connorrickk

RS - Still no Pi!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Right,
I was invited to order in March, I paid for everything including a case by the start of June.
Ever since I have not received ANY emails (apart from confirmation of order) and am still now without a pi.
Where be my pi :(
819** < order number :L

objekt

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm with ferrymanr on this. By hanging on to so many customers' cash RS will be making a nice little packet of free money. The lack of communicatiion/ ignoring of customer mails is enough to make me a lost customer for future orders.

bcrtt

No feedback from RS, Ordered From Trinidad

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 am

I received an invitation to order my Pi on June 16th, i placed my order on june 20th and received a confirmation email that same night saying despatch expected within 9 weeks.

Today makes 9 weeks and i am yet to receive any feedback. I do understand that because of the overwhelming interest that there are problems meeting demands, but a simple email stating such from the suppliers would go a long way to ease fears about orders being forgotten or lost. Also on RSs' site there in no way to contact them, only options available are cancellations and returns.

Is this experience common (especially in the caribbean region) or is this an isolated event.

EDIT * sorry about that people just saw this post from RS;

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=8786,

don't know how i missed it :oops:

What i do find strange is that invitations are still to be sent out for orders to be placed, which seems to be contrary to the info given in this post on the 16th of july stating that stocks now seem to meet demand and multiple orders can now be placed.;

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1588

JRT

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:58 am

Still haven't got my refund, been about 20-odd working days now since I requested it. Pretty sure that's against the law, RS.

I emailed, no response. I really don't want to have to mess about phoning up, but looks like I have no choice. Moral of the story: Use Element 14.

ferrymanr

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 am

On reflection this also smells a little of RS having either oversold their quota of Raspberry Pi boards or they are are concentrating on supplying higher volume orders to schools etc. Farnell seem to have got it right and also replied promptly, clearly and concisely to an e-mail query regarding my order.

RaTTuS

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 am

ferrymanr wrote:On reflection this also smells a little of RS having either oversold their quota of Raspberry Pi boards or they are are concentrating on supplying higher volume orders to schools etc. Farnell seem to have got it right and also replied promptly, clearly and concisely to an e-mail query regarding my order.
they don't have a quota - they make them themselves - there may be other issues in their supply chain
but unless they come forward and say something then .....

I was lucky and got one from each early on ,
I didi have email contact from both but that was ages ago now so cannot say how full their email box is [both companies]
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

pluggy

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am

JRT wrote:Still haven't got my refund, been about 20-odd working days now since I requested it. Pretty sure that's against the law, RS.

I emailed, no response. I really don't want to have to mess about phoning up, but looks like I have no choice. Moral of the story: Use Element 14.
Don't expect much if you do phone up, and I'd keep the fact that you ordered a Pi out of the conversation, or they'll hide behind that damned email address. They owe me the wrong side of £50 (this sucker ordered stuff along with the Pi)

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 am

I spent about £70 total on my Pi order I think. No sign of it, no reply to email and it looks like people can't even get a refund. :x

If I had a choice right now I would ask RS to pay the money to Farnell who apparently do know how to do business.

Return to “General discussion”