zaotachi

my raspberry pi order

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:45 pm

How long will it take to get my pi, a friend ordered one 1week ago received it today, I've not heard anything since july 16, 2012 my order confirmation.

cwiggs

Re: my raspberry pi order

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Depends a lot on who you and your friend ordered from and where you live.

cwiggs

Re: the status of my order???

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 pm

and 4. See my response to the situation in previous topic: Alternative to Allied?

I really hope they get their act together. I have fond memories of allied as a budding geek in the '60s.
Their catalog was always handy in a stack with Radio Shack, Lafayette Radio, Heathkit, and Estes Rocket.
They seem to currently be overwhelmed with backorders along with supply limits and more than a little internal disorganization.

DoctorMexico

Re: Order Cancelled with RS

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

I have the exact same problem with RS. I wonder if they are still in business?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

RS are a massive multinational business supplying components to a vast number of companies, I think we would have heard if they had gone out of business..
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

JRT

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Also cancelled more than 14 days ago - still no refund. I've emailed to find out what's going on. If someone from RS could comment it'd stop me thinking of them as a bunch of crooks.

DoctorMexico

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Shure RS is a big company, but the fact that they don't answer their eMails and don't return payments shows that there must be clearly something wrong.

Rabjerg

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Or because a one time 35€ private order have less priority than a 3500€ each week from returning costumers (companies).

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Closing thread - please read the sticky at the top of this forum.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

loop

Where is my order

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Is there a webpage that we can check the order status?
Is there a phone number that we can call to check or order status?

I have a order number of 91500 and my raspberry should of been shipped last week per the email you "RaspberryPi" sent out.
I would like to get an updated status

jamesh

Re: Where is my order

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:59 pm

I afraid you need to contact the company you bought the Raspi from - which wasn't here i.e. the Foundation. It would either be Farnell or RS (or one of their subsidiaries). You need to talk to them.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

liz

Re: Where is my order

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks James. OP: please read the sticky at the top of this forum. Closing thread.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

piwaiter

RS Online

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:48 am

So What is up with this company ? you can not contact them. They gladly took my money. yet still no Raspberry Pi. RS Online says 11 weeks from reservation date yet here we are at 15 weeks and counting. I just want my Pi so my children and I can work on it together before school begins.

zero10

Re: RS Online

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Wish I knew, I gave them my money June 21 and still have nothing. Tuesday the week before last my boss ordered 2 from Element 14 and he received them that friday. He ordered 2 more last tuesday and got a shipping email almost immediately. My wife seeing my frustration with this ordered me one from them last wednesday and I have had it in my hands since friday. I would like to cancel my RS order however when I fill out the cancellation form their web site produces an error. How convenient :roll:

Mr.Dave

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:48 pm

I paid for mine on June 22nd and received it a few weeks ago

If you ordered it with a case, they are taking longer to send out because they don't have the cases yet, I bought mine on its own

cwiggs

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:21 pm

zero10 wrote:Wish I knew, I gave them my money June 21 and still have nothing. Tuesday the week before last my boss ordered 2 from Element 14 and he received them that friday. He ordered 2 more last tuesday and got a shipping email almost immediately. My wife seeing my frustration with this ordered me one from them last wednesday and I have had it in my hands since friday. I would like to cancel my RS order however when I fill out the cancellation form their web site produces an error. How convenient :roll:
This from memory so it may not be completely accurate but I cancelled an order from Allied a week or two ago.

Login with the same email used to order and go to Customer Service/I need help with other.
Request a cancellation giving order number and date from confirmation you received.

My cancellation was processed the next day and no reimbursement was necessary as my Amex had not yet been charged.

marcilio miranda

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:29 am

CAro amigo, venho atraves desta pedi informações sobre o meu pedido de numero 72899. porque ainda não recebi informações mais sobre o meu pedido . favor entra em conta no meu email. obrigado... já faz muito tempo que paguei o meu produto... via cartão de credito....

bicarbonato

RS: 3 months waiting, I'm tired and upset!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 am

I'm very very very disappointed about RS. I made my order 3 months ago (yes, it was on May) and until this moment they didn't answer my e-mails and I have no news about the status of my order.

I only ordered the RPi model B. No power supplies, no cases... so, what is the problem about RS?

My order number is 299XX (yea, only 5 digits) and there are people that ordered after me (order numbers with 9 digits!!!) and they've already received their RPis.

I live in Brazil and I want to know what RS think about us. Do they think we are a bunch of fools?
Farnell Brazil is selling RPis and they deliver in 3 days, but RS took the money I've saved to buy mine and now I don't have that money nor a RPi.
THAT'S COMPLETELY UNFAIR!

Please, anybody help me! Liz, Eben, jamesh, please help me!!!!!! I'm desperate!

RaTTuS

Re: RS: 3 months waiting, I'm tired and upset!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 am

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

bicarbonato

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 am

I've been reading that topic for almost 3 months! I'm tired about coming back to this forum every week to read that exactly thread with a hope that RS would despatch my RPi :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

SoerenH

Re: RS has been a disappointment :/

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

Okay, here's a little "progress" update (as promised):

I've contacted RS Germany twice and have received a reply after 2 weeks in which a (very unfriendly person from RS Germany) told me to contact RS UK - so I did...

Someone from RS UK then told me that I've registered at June 16th (which is the date of my initial contact to RS UK). It took several Emails to convince the RS Support that I've registered in February already - they finally believed me when I forwarded the registration confirmation and named the dates of their "updates" they kept sending me since my registration...

On June 28th I finally received my order code and have placed & payed the order on the same day. To date, I haven't received any shipment information, so I assume that it still hasn't been sent yet... :(

EDIT: I just checked the order confirmation again - "Despatch expected within 11 week(s)" - so they obviously put me at the end of the queue and it won't be here until mid/end of October - that's just great...

VanHalen

Re: RS has been a disappointment :/

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:13 am

I ordered Jun 29 and the email I received on Jun 29 said "Despatch expected within 11 week(s)". Having followed this forum I knew it was several weeks out given the demand.
I just hope it ships early like some people are reporting.

Jim JKla

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 pm

I suspect you are not hearing from RS because they may have allready dispatched and it's in costoms somewhere in Brazil.

So when you contact them they look at their records and they think no this has been dispatched so close the ticket.

I assume from your post the RPi has been paid for if so you need to raise the ante with RS. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

NOTLUCKY

Warning for RS Component

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Hello together,

at this time I must tell you, do not by from RS Componet.!!!! :(

My Problem:
I have orderd a Raspberry on 2.7.2012 and RS debit my Visa on 3.7.2012! After writing to 'raspberrypi@rswww.com' no reaction. Wow nice.

To call with RS was not possible, because they say write to 'raspberrypi@rswww.com'. Ha Ha Ha.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Warning for RS Component

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Yeah, lots of threads on this. RS seem to be overwhelmed to a far greater extent than farnell are.

I suspect you will get your Pi eventually but farnell are certainly a much better bet if you want to get a Pi any time soon.

Someone has put instructions for cancelling RS orders at http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=13654 . Apparently there have been problems actually getting the refunds though so much as I hate to say it you may have to file a dispute with your card provider

Return to “General discussion”