IISCRAZYBOB

Help with first project

Sat May 14, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi all, im a newbie to this and am needing abit of help/advice with what i need and if it is possible. so ill start here :lol: i want to make a hand held control thats either wireless or wired that has a screen and buttons to control solenoids or relays to control the solenoids. on the screen i want it to display a menu that can select different solenoid and turn them on and off with the buttons. Image i was wonding it i could use the start button to open a menu then the up down arrows to select a solenoid and then select button to select one, then use the "A" and "B" buttoms to operate the solenoids. so i was wondering what i need to buy to do all of this and how hard would it be to program ?

Cheers guys/girls

klricks

Re: Help with first project

Sun May 15, 2016 3:22 am

The screen will not be usable on a RPi. The switches maybe depending on what type of switches type are.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Cancelor

Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am

Have a look at this project you can modify the software any way you like.
viewtopic.php?t=15554

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threa ... ve.107132/
Can't find the thread you want? Try googling : YourSearchHere site:raspberrypi.org

masa-aud

Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 am

reply to IISCRAZYBOB on first project
It seems that there are many for you to do as from your targets to be controlled with solenoids, solenoids and drivers and power supply, buttons and then interfacing to RPi's GPIO pins and to at last controlling softwares. Please design your whole system prior to Pi's programming.
masa

IISCRAZYBOB

Sun May 15, 2016 12:55 pm

klricks wrote:The screen will not be usable on a RPi. The switches maybe depending on what type of switches type are.
hi cheers for the advice i have been looking and i know that the screen will not work, and as for the buttons i am wanting to replace them underneath with micro switches.

IISCRAZYBOB

Sun May 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Cancelor wrote:Have a look at this project you can modify the software any way you like.
viewtopic.php?t=15554

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threa ... ve.107132/

thanks for your help, i wanna like make a menu that i can scroll through ? and also i dont think i mentioned that i want to have 5 pressure sensors that will show me what psi will be on the screen, is this all doable with a RPI ? with the screen 8 buttons and 8 relays and 5 pressure switches ?

IISCRAZYBOB

Sun May 15, 2016 1:13 pm

masa-aud wrote:reply to IISCRAZYBOB on first project
It seems that there are many for you to do as from your targets to be controlled with solenoids, solenoids and drivers and power supply, buttons and then interfacing to RPi's GPIO pins and to at last controlling softwares. Please design your whole system prior to Pi's programming.
masa
Thanks for the help, I just wanting to know if it's possible to make and interface like menu that I can scroll through to to select the different relays , and also wanting psi pressure sensors to tell me how much pair here is in a air like , I wan to have 5 pressure sensors, 8 relays and 8 micro switch buttons

Cheers

Return to “General discussion”