fdr4prez
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 12:17 am

The Pi Zero Schedule post (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=135081) is locked for replies.

I did manage to get one Pi Zero a couple months ago from Adafruit , and I'd like another (or more). I've been checking Adafruit multiple times a day, nearly everyday, for many weeks, with no luck for stock.

But today Adafruit completely removed the Pi Zero from their shop. Of which I understand them dropping it if they rarely get any to sell.

Will there be a new US distributor for the Pi Zero?

Microcenter is a joke. They only allow for in-store purchases and no online purchases, so their supply is non-existent to anyone outside their retail store locations.

Maybe let Ameridroid become the authorized US distributor for the Pi Zero?

User avatar
mikronauts
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:28 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 12:19 am

There is a new revision of the Pi Zero coming Real Soon Now :) so I suspect they just removed the old listing before making a new listing...
fdr4prez wrote:The Pi Zero Schedule post (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=135081) is locked for replies.

I did manage to get one Pi Zero a couple months ago from Adafruit , and I'd like another (or more). I've been checking Adafruit multiple times a day, nearly everyday, for many weeks, with no luck for stock.

But today Adafruit completely removed the Pi Zero from their shop. Of which I understand them dropping it if they rarely get any to sell.

Will there be a new US distributor for the Pi Zero?

Microcenter is a joke. They only allow for in-store purchases and no online purchases, so their supply is non-existent to anyone outside their retail store locations.

Maybe let Ameridroid become the authorized US distributor for the Pi Zero?
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

fdr4prez
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Re: Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 12:30 am

Maybe, but when the Pi3 came out, they didn't have a listing for it right away...

Does that mean there will be a blow out sale for the old Pi Zero? :lol:

For my project, the Pi Zero fits perfectly, so hopefully a new version doesn't change the size (or hopefully its smaller). This is why I am interested in the Pi Zero and not that $9 CHIP thing.
mikronauts wrote:There is a new revision of the Pi Zero coming Real Soon Now :) so I suspect they just removed the old listing before making a new listing...

User avatar
CarlRJ
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:00 am
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 1:00 am

fdr4prez wrote:Does that mean there will be a blow out sale for the old Pi Zero? :lol:
Yep, they have twice as many as last week, for half the price! :mrgreen:

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23679
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 7:30 am

Big production of the Zero is about to hit shelves, 250k manufactured I believe. Keep an eye on the distributors (Monday I suspect).
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “General discussion”