fdr4prez

Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 12:17 am

The Pi Zero Schedule post (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=135081) is locked for replies.

I did manage to get one Pi Zero a couple months ago from Adafruit , and I'd like another (or more). I've been checking Adafruit multiple times a day, nearly everyday, for many weeks, with no luck for stock.

But today Adafruit completely removed the Pi Zero from their shop. Of which I understand them dropping it if they rarely get any to sell.

Will there be a new US distributor for the Pi Zero?

Microcenter is a joke. They only allow for in-store purchases and no online purchases, so their supply is non-existent to anyone outside their retail store locations.

Maybe let Ameridroid become the authorized US distributor for the Pi Zero?

mikronauts

Re: Pi Zero dropped at Adafruit?

Sat May 14, 2016 12:19 am

There is a new revision of the Pi Zero coming Real Soon Now :) so I suspect they just removed the old listing before making a new listing...
fdr4prez wrote:The Pi Zero Schedule post (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=135081) is locked for replies.

I did manage to get one Pi Zero a couple months ago from Adafruit , and I'd like another (or more). I've been checking Adafruit multiple times a day, nearly everyday, for many weeks, with no luck for stock.

But today Adafruit completely removed the Pi Zero from their shop. Of which I understand them dropping it if they rarely get any to sell.

Will there be a new US distributor for the Pi Zero?

Microcenter is a joke. They only allow for in-store purchases and no online purchases, so their supply is non-existent to anyone outside their retail store locations.

Maybe let Ameridroid become the authorized US distributor for the Pi Zero?
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

fdr4prez

Sat May 14, 2016 12:30 am

Maybe, but when the Pi3 came out, they didn't have a listing for it right away...

Does that mean there will be a blow out sale for the old Pi Zero? :lol:

For my project, the Pi Zero fits perfectly, so hopefully a new version doesn't change the size (or hopefully its smaller). This is why I am interested in the Pi Zero and not that $9 CHIP thing.
mikronauts wrote:There is a new revision of the Pi Zero coming Real Soon Now :) so I suspect they just removed the old listing before making a new listing...

CarlRJ

Sat May 14, 2016 1:00 am

fdr4prez wrote:Does that mean there will be a blow out sale for the old Pi Zero? :lol:
Yep, they have twice as many as last week, for half the price! :mrgreen:

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat May 14, 2016 7:30 am

Big production of the Zero is about to hit shelves, 250k manufactured I believe. Keep an eye on the distributors (Monday I suspect).
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Return to “General discussion”