Mitesh

Help for PCB circuit config with Rasberry pi

Sun May 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi ,
I am from s/w world nd good in it i dnt know much abt electronics ... but to make smething useful with raspi one shud be well versed with pcb circuits nd electronics can sme one pls guide me .. how can i cover this or any alternatives?

rzusman

Re: Help for PCB circuit config with Rasberry pi

Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 pm

What do you want to do?

Heater

Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Mitesh,

Sorry, don't understand your banter old chap.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Douglas6

Sun May 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Vanna, can I buy a vowel?

Mitesh

Mon May 09, 2016 6:40 am

Ok it seems i am too vague in posting , let me be more clear :)

All i want is to combine few sensors with raspberry pi and attach it to DC motor.

I need to make stuff like gyroscope but it will be in motion, So all this will require complex circuit combination. So needed some source guidance on electronic circuit ,

Heater

Mon May 09, 2016 8:38 am

Mitesh,

Ah, that's better. Now I'm getting a nice clear, intelligible, signal :)

If you have a project in mind and you just want to get it done, which sounds like the case, I would suggest not designing circuits, making circuit boards etc. That is a long road if you are not knowledgeable or experienced in such things.

Rather use ready made boards and modules. Use Pi Hats. Whatever.

For the gyroscope I would go for the BOSH BN0055 9 degrees of freedom IMU board: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2472 That fabulous device gives you accelerometers and compass as well. And has the great advantage of also having the sensor fusion code built into the chip which saves a lot of hassle.

For motor controllers you can always use the Electronic Speed Controls (ESC) used with model aircraft, copters and cars. Or there are many motor controller boards to be found on ebay. Google it.

No doubt you can find gyros, motor controllers and other thing built into Pi Hat boards on the market some place. I have no idea, never looked to hard.

On the other hand, if the project is not the main goal but rather learning some electronics then you should start simpler.

So, more details required:

What is the goal, exactly.

What sensors do you need, exactly.

What motors do you need to drive, exactly.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Return to “General discussion”