c.cam108

CPC have Pis for next day delivery

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:18 pm

I've had a Pi on order from RS for a few weeks now, but yesterday CPC posted on Facebook about having Pis available for immediate dispatch: http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/besp ... CMP=HP_RPi

I ordered one yesterday afternoon and will update here when it is delivered.

BoomerZack

Re: CPC have Pis for next day delivery

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 am

Do CPC really have these in stock for next day delivery, because if they do how has this been allowed to happen, i have had my one on order with RS supplies for some time now and it won't be delivered until at least september.... really not happy if this is the case :(

itimpi

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm

BoomerZack wrote:Do CPC really have these in stock for next day delivery, because if they do how has this been allowed to happen, i have had my one on order with RS supplies for some time now and it won't be delivered until at least september.... really not happy if this is the case :(
Farnell and RS have independent contracts with the factories for manufacturing. This means that they can have very different lead times and can be getting very different volumes delivered to them. All the signs are that Farnell is now coping with demand and can deliver with very short lead times while RS are still struggling to keep up and still have long lead times.

menthol_green

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 am

I was in CPC's shop in Preston on Thursday and they have Pis on the shelf.

c.cam108

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:45 am

Just to follow up on this - it was in fact delivered at 10am the next day by Royal Mail.

The total price delivered including a USB cable came to £31.50

bigdavethehorn

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:56 am

Just placed an order for mine. I'm a little confused by the Handling Charge though, the website advises that it will be removed prior to discharge, but why add the charge in the first place?

Total cost so far for the Pi alone, so far, was £37.09.

simplesi

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

There computer auto adds delivery to all orders but they do the RPi as a special and its easier to remove it after order placed :)
Its a feature not a bug :)

Simon
It will cost you <£30 at the end of the day.
Seeking help with Scratch and I/O stuff for Primary age children
http://cymplecy.wordpress.com/ @cymplecy on twitter

bigdavethehorn

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks, that's given me some hope!

lakeuk

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 pm

menthol_green wrote:I was in CPC's shop in Preston on Thursday and they have Pis on the shelf.
That's good to know, when I ordered mine from RS in June with gave estimate of 3rd week in Sept, I can hold out till then - carry on enjoying what's left of the sunny spells of Lake District.

If September comes with no Pi then I can always popped into CPC in Preston on way home, although normally it's always rush hour when I pass so not always wise to come of the M55 and join the Preston traffic - :mrgreen:

bigdavethehorn

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 am

I ordered mine on Tuesday pm, got it Thursday. Total cost was indeed less than £30.

Mikef1312

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:06 pm

That's right - received mine today. They also have the PSU and memory card. It's all maked up element 14 as the distributer and is supplied ready to go with Debian 6 for linux on the card.

SiriusHardware

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 pm

c.cam108 wrote:I've had a Pi on order from RS for a few weeks now, but yesterday CPC posted on Facebook about having Pis available for immediate dispatch: http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/besp ... CMP=HP_RPi

I ordered one yesterday afternoon and will update here when it is delivered.
I see you got it, well done!

CPC are currently (Thu 29th August) saying that their next batch is expected to arrive on Sat 31st August. I've ordered one: If it actually does arrive within a week then my outstanding RS order is getting cancelled.

SiriusHardware

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Don't see a way to edit, so correction here: Ordered from CPC on Wed 29th August, They say they will have them in stock on Friday 31st August - (not Thursday 29th and Saturday 31st, as I said above). My body clock is a day out because of the bank holiday, apologies

SiriusHardware

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Update - I got an email from CPC, 30th August, headed 'Urgent' - obviously my heart sank as I thought it was to tell me there was some problem with the order.

However, when I got into it it was just to tell me that one of the items I had ordered (ie, the Pi) was currently out of stock - this I already knew, since they weren't supposed to be taking delivery of new stock until Friday 31st August.

Anyway, the (hopefully) better news buried within the email is that I should expect delivery in the week commencing 3rd September. That's next week, and still about 6 weeks earlier than my Pi from RS is scheduled to arrive.

Fingers crossed.

SiriusHardware

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Ordered from CPC on the evening of Wednesday 29th August, when they were out of stock and not expected in until Friday 31st August... Arrived at CPC on the day they were supposed to and mine arrived here via standard delivery today, Monday 3rd September.

At last! I have a Pi!

Thank you, CPC.

simplesi

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 am

Result :)
Seeking help with Scratch and I/O stuff for Primary age children
http://cymplecy.wordpress.com/ @cymplecy on twitter

SiriusHardware

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:09 pm

SiriusHardware wrote:
At last! I have a Pi!

Thank you, CPC.
There's one other person I ought to thank as well, and that's c.cam108, the OP of this thread. Cheers mate!

If it hadn't been for his post it would never have occurred to me that CPC might be stocking them (I didn't know that CPC were now part of the Farnell group).

c.cam108

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

SiriusHardware wrote:
SiriusHardware wrote:
At last! I have a Pi!

Thank you, CPC.
There's one other person I ought to thank as well, and that's c.cam108, the OP of this thread. Cheers mate!

If it hadn't been for his post it would never have occurred to me that CPC might be stocking them (I didn't know that CPC were now part of the Farnell group).
No problem! Enjoy your Pi :)

dave_p

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Just ordered from CPC and they are still quoting ex-stock delivery.

However I also ordered a USB power supply from the Accessories page and this seems to have nixed the waiving of the handling charge. The confirmation email includes:

"Total discount provided from the promotional code £0.00"

If my assumption is correct then at over £13 including tax that is one seriously expensive power supply. Make sure you don't get caught out.

CPC.co.uk

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:34 am

dave_p wrote:Just ordered from CPC and they are still quoting ex-stock delivery.

However I also ordered a USB power supply from the Accessories page and this seems to have nixed the waiving of the handling charge. The confirmation email includes:

"Total discount provided from the promotional code £0.00"

If my assumption is correct then at over £13 including tax that is one seriously expensive power supply. Make sure you don't get caught out.
Hi Dave

If you've ordered a Raspberry Pi at the same time as your Power Supply then you won't be paying a handling charge, the emails you received etc will say that you've got a handling charge but the invoice you get will show that it's been removed.

If you have been charged a handling charge when ordering a Raspberry Pi then this is an error; if you contact us at facebook@cpc.co.uk with the order details we'll take a look in to that for you and get you a refund if appropriate :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

dave_p

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 pm

The order arrived today and the handling charge has indeed been removed from the invoice.

Thanks for the reassurance and for the prompt delivery.

CPC.co.uk

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm

dave_p wrote:Thanks for the reassurance and for the prompt delivery.
No problem Dave, sorry we didn't reply to your post on Friday which would have been better and set your mind at rest a bit sooner :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

Return to “General discussion”