jonah jones

newbie having problems :(

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Good afternoon Pi lovers. My name is Jonah and I need help. I'm part of a few other forums for MTB and VW so no stranger to newbies asking bone questions (although there is no such thing as a silly question in my eyes) and know how annoying it can be. I have however searched the Internet for an answer and looked in this forum. Unless I'm being a turbo tard I can't find an answer #badtimes.

Sooo here I am. I have just bought 2 pi 3's. The first one took the ISO image on the card and powered up straight away. The second on won't do anything. Card is in.... power is in... green light flashes once... no red light... no image on monitor? Any ideas? Clearly there is power as the green light flashes once? Have read that three green flashes with the red light on means bad SD card.

Is it a faulty unit?

Thank you and sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

Love and Pi
:? :( :o

Jonah

klricks

Re: newbie having problems :(

Mon May 02, 2016 4:51 am

The red power light should be on at all times. If not there is likely a problem with the power supply and/or micro USB cord.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

ghodan

Mon May 02, 2016 5:36 am

Did you try and use the micro sd card & power adapter from the Pi3 that is working?

vk4tec

Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 am

Yes I agree your problem is with your thinking not your Pi

Take everything off the working Pi and place it on the suspect Pi

On the suspect Pi you could even measure the working 5 volts on the good Pi

You have been blessed with a working setup so copy it

Return to “General discussion”