xandurr
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Fastest OS for Pi?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering what is the fastest/most stable OS Build people have come across so far?

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 pm

XBian for XBMC builds

and I thought Puppy was pretty quick using Berryboot to install it

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Raspbian

Code: Select all

cat /boot/issue.txt;uname -v ; uprecords
Raspberry Pi reference 2012-07-15 (armhf)
Generated using spindle, http://asbradbury.org/projects/spindle/, d2c1253, stage4-lxde-edu.qed
#1 PREEMPT Tue Jul 17 23:37:28 BST 2012
     #               Uptime | System                                     Boot up
----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
->   1    24 days, 21:38:42 | Linux 3.1.9+              Fri Jul 20 16:59:35 2012
     2     1 day , 04:59:05 | Linux 3.1.9+              Thu Jul 19 12:00:20 2012
     3     0 days, 20:15:55 | Linux 3.1.9+              Tue Jul 17 12:46:07 2012
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

marco36
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 am

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Mr.Dave wrote:XBian for XBMC builds

and I thought Puppy was pretty quick using Berryboot to install it
Agree!

adlambert

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:51 pm

RISCOS is still just alpha but is the fastest thing I've seen running on a Pi.

User avatar
Grumpy Mike
Posts: 931
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Manchester (England England)
Contact: Website

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm

adlambert wrote:RISCOS is still just alpha but is the fastest thing I've seen running on a Pi.
I would agree with that, however it is not Linux which is either a tremendous bonus or a bit of a downer depending on your point of view.

xandurr
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

Awesome, Thanks for the feedback, i have grabbed Xbian and Raspbian and will try them both out tonight

adlambert

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 am

Grumpy Mike wrote:
adlambert wrote:RISCOS is still just alpha but is the fastest thing I've seen running on a Pi.
I would agree with that, however it is not Linux which is either a tremendous bonus or a bit of a downer depending on your point of view.
Yes, it's RISC OS not linux. The op didn't mention or imply linux.

User avatar
Grumpy Mike
Posts: 931
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Manchester (England England)
Contact: Website

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:16 pm

adlambert wrote:Yes, it's RISC OS not linux. The op didn't mention or imply linux.
However, judging by his response that is what he meant. ;)

adlambert

Re: Fastest OS for Pi?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Grumpy Mike wrote:
adlambert wrote:Yes, it's RISC OS not linux. The op didn't mention or imply linux.
However, judging by his response that is what he meant. ;)
OK, next time I promise to read all unposted posts before I post. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”