TeamViewer

Re: TeamViewer IoT Developer Contest: Win up to EUR 5,000

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:54 pm

TeHashX wrote:I installed Team Viewer on Odroid C2, Ubuntu 16.04 and I can connect just fine, I can see the desktop but can't send any mouse or keyboard commands.
Unfortunately, there is a dependency missing (that most of the time is installed anyway, thus most installations just work). Please install the package libxtst6, and everything should just work fine.

TeamViewer

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:58 pm

doevents wrote:teamviewer cannot runing

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.4.9-v7+ #884 SMP Fri May 6 17:28:59 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linu             x
[email protected]:~ $ teamviewer

Init...
xprop:  unable to open display ''
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
Aborted
[email protected]:~ $
Did you start the TeamViewer daemon? Try to do a `teamviewer daemon start` . If that does not work out please collect your logfiles using the command `teamviewer ziplog` and send them to [email protected].

stavrosc

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Hello,

I installed the Teamviewer Host on my Raspberry Pi with Raspbian and works fine except for one little important detail:
It looks like it always comes up in dynamic password mode which is highly impractical for unattended remote access.
How can I set a fixed password for the Raspberry Pi Teamviewer Host?
Thank you,
Stavros

TeamViewer

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Unfortunately the graphical password dialog did not make it into the preview, but you can do the following:
Switch to a VT (e.g. by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F3)
And do a teamviewer setup

Code: Select all

teamviewer setup                     Configure headless modes (non-gui/console)                                                 
teamviewer passwd [PASSWD]           Set a password (useful when installing remote (ssh).

stavrosc

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:35 am

Thank you for the reply.
I did figure that out a bit after the previous post: I killed the lxdm session and configured it from the command line. It worked.
The thing is that there were little to no clue that this was the necessary procedure. I guess it will be fixed in the official release.
Other than that, a very good and useful utility. Far better than anything else available out there for the raspberry.
Thank you.

NicoVanDerDussen

Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:23 am

I just love this :)

The CLI and GUI interfaces were just working out of the box :D

Working with sudo teamviewer help just made things so much better!

But I could not get teamviewer vpn working from my Win10 laptop :(

Any suggestions how?
Setting up your Raspberry Pi to work with a 3G dongle http://nvdd.info/11gKrsZ

tamir87

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:00 am

Hi,

I have rp B + using jessie OS

I've installed TW and getting the following error:
Init...
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/tvw_exec: line 40: 19021 Illegal instruction "$TV_BIN_DIR/teamviewerd" -n -f
Network process already started (or error)
Illegal instruction

could you please try to help me figure it out?

Thank you in advance

tamir87

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:31 am

I cant run the TW on my RP B+

I've installed it the same as the instructions in the following youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3Gf8vnKAg

when i run it from the RP nothing happened and when it run it thru the SSH I see the following:

Init...
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/tvw_exec: line 40: 19021 Illegal instruction "$TV_BIN_DIR/teamviewerd" -n -f
Illegal instruction

Thank you in advance.

ankurgla22

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:27 am

tamir87 wrote:I cant run the TW on my RP B+

I've installed it the same as the instructions in the following youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3Gf8vnKAg

when i run it from the RP nothing happened and when it run it thru the SSH I see the following:

Init...
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Illegal instruction

Thank you in advance.
Hi..
I have also got the same issue.
But later I found that I was running teamviewer on Pi 1 which is not supported by it.
It only supports Raspberry Pi 2 and Pi 3
So, please confirm your Raspberry Pi model if you got this issue.

mtwheatley

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:29 am

I am having the same problem on my Raspberry Pi Zero W. It's a shame, it appears that TeamViewer is not supported on this new board.

toto99303

Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Does anyone knows when the Pi1 and Zero will be supported? Has anyone managed to run teamviewer on them?

Thanks

mercedes1954

Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 pm

I have installed Raspbian desktop from NOOBS as usual but now Teamviewer fails. It installs but on a reboot the ID changes. After 3 or 4 reboots it remains the same but the permanent password set is lost on reboot. Useless now for remote access. Anyone know what has changed?

liudr

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Haven't tried on RPI0 and don't yet own RPI0W. I am using it on my 3B. It's running very smoothly and I am currently using it as primary way to debug my python project. I can't stand the mouse handling in native raspbian when resolution is too high. Fortunately Teamviewer uses windows mouse handling that makes me feel right at home. The only complaint is no file transfer, as in the linux host version. It would be perfect if it does have file transfer. I have to use dropbox in chromium, which can be slow.

Oh, if possible, could the author reduce the size of the gigantic Teamviewer logo when remote connection is active? The thing takes a large portion of the real estate, especially when you are using a low resolution to save bandwidth when connecting to RPI that is on a mobile hotspot.
Arduino data loggers, user interface, printed circuit board designer since 2009, RPI 3B 2B 2B Zero Jessie, assembly/C/C++/java/python programmer since the 80's

beta-tester

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:49 pm

liudr wrote: The only complaint is no file transfer, as in the linux host version. It would be perfect if it does have file transfer. I have to use dropbox in chromium, which can be slow.
i am not sure, but i think there is a file transfer button in the top of the teamviewer window. i use Teamviewer on windows PC <-> windows PC, and linux PC <-> windows PC. i always have a file transfer button/menu entry on the top.
liudr wrote:Oh, if possible, could the author reduce the size of the gigantic Teamviewer logo when remote connection is active? The thing takes a large portion of the real estate, especially when you are using a low resolution to save bandwidth when connecting to RPI that is on a mobile hotspot.
isn't there a possibility to minimize that thing? (not the [X], more something like [>])
{ I only give negative feedback }
RPi Model B (rev1, 256MB) & B (rev2, 512MB) & B+, RPi2B (1GB), 64GB microSDXC1 class 10, HDMI 1920x1080, keyboard-mouse-combo (wireless), PiCamera, ethernet-cable, 5V/1.2A power supply, Wifi dongle (rt5370)

liudr

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm

The file transfer is not implemented in this demo. If you initiate file transfer from the viewer side, say on a PC, it would not be able to list files on the host side.

The logo can't be minimized or sent to another desktop :)
Arduino data loggers, user interface, printed circuit board designer since 2009, RPI 3B 2B 2B Zero Jessie, assembly/C/C++/java/python programmer since the 80's

beta-tester

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 pm

ok, sorry...
my assumtion was, that TeamViewer for RPi has the same features as TeamViewer for a desktop PC (windows or linux)
and i thought that there is already a higher version available than only the old demo.
sorry that i was far too optimistic - i am wrong :oops: .
{ I only give negative feedback }
RPi Model B (rev1, 256MB) & B (rev2, 512MB) & B+, RPi2B (1GB), 64GB microSDXC1 class 10, HDMI 1920x1080, keyboard-mouse-combo (wireless), PiCamera, ethernet-cable, 5V/1.2A power supply, Wifi dongle (rt5370)

Return to “General discussion”