venkyskar

related to raspberry pi 2& 3

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:49 am

i have used both raspberry pi 2 and 3 i have found out a common problem in both the systems its like if i disable autologin and reboot the system and when i try to login using the default username(pi) and default password then system is unable to login and i am getting the login screen again. is this a bug??????????/
another point is that rasbian jeezy has lots of issues it gets it into loop while booting up this one is the major problem

Pithagoros

Re: related to raspberry pi 2& 3

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:42 am

I've had some problems similar to this with Jessie. I think it is related to the change where you log out of the gui desktop and it goes back to a gui login screen instead of a terminal console.

I work around it by changing the config to boot to a command line first, then startx manually. When you do it this way, logging out of the gui goes back to a command line terminal.

venkyskar

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm

what i meant to say is it should be able to login even if it was by mistake (you disable autologin)

cr44sh

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi,
venkyskar wrote:i have used both raspberry pi 2 and 3 i have found out a common problem in both the systems its like if i disable autologin and reboot the system and when i try to login using the default username(pi) and default password then system is unable to login and i am getting the login screen again. is this a bug??????????/
I am totally new to the Linux world and have the same problem. What can I do to overcome the login loop without re-imaging my card and start over?

venkyskar

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:36 pm

cant help dude I am expecting answer from proper developers

DirkS

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:20 pm

venkyskar wrote:cant help dude I am expecting answer from proper developers
I'm not a proper developer (whatever that is)...

Did you check the free disk space?
Apart from power problems this seems to be one of the main causes of all kinds of weird errors.

venkyskar

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 pm

how can you connect disk space with login issue

DirkS

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:29 pm

venkyskar wrote:how can you connect disk space with login issue
Experience?
Have a poke around the forum and you will find that this problem (amongst others) is potentially caused by lack of free disk space...

Fact is: if you installed a Raspbian image (non Noobs) and don't expand the file system you will get into trouble very quickly.

venkyskar

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:19 pm

DirkS wrote:
venkyskar wrote:how can you connect disk space with login issue
Experience?
Have a poke around the forum and you will find that this problem (amongst others) is potentially caused by lack of free disk space...

Fact is: if you installed a Raspbian image (non Noobs) and don't expand the file system you will get into trouble very quickly.
but i have already expanded disk space still i am facing that problem and yes i have installed weezy that too using noobs but still stuck in the problem

DirkS

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:39 pm

venkyskar wrote:but i have already expanded disk space still i am facing that problem and yes i have installed weezy that too using noobs but still stuck in the problem
How would we know that? Right from the start you have been very reluctant to give information about your setup.
That way we can only guess.

So my next guess: if you have tried Jessie and Wheezy (with and without Noobs) I would say your SD card is dodgy.
Try another card and see if that works.

Return to “General discussion”