douglaslara

Lapdock pi 3 keyboard and trackpad not working

Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Hello, I'm having trouble making the Atrix lapdock works in raspberry pi 3, tried all possible connections without any success, the keyboard and trackpad work to connect to my computer but not on raspberry pi,
I also tried connecting the raspberry pi on an external connection with 2.1 A but without success,
I tried to use the Raspbian by noobs and alone, also tried Ubuntu Mate
I'm currently using the connections suggested by Adafruit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkz_a52I6s

but I've tried all possible even directly on raspberry pi

Anyone have any more idea to try?

Thank you

ddurdle

Re: Lapdock pi 3 keyboard and trackpad not working

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 am

Sounds like you might be overthinking this. Worked right out of the box for me. Host connection to the usb hub on the pi, power connection to one of two connections to the lapdock.

Been using the pi A/B on the lapdock for years, and usually backpower through the hub. Use the two usb connections on the pi 3.

douglaslara

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:36 pm

ddurdle wrote:Sounds like you might be overthinking this. Worked right out of the box for me. Host connection to the usb hub on the pi, power connection to one of two connections to the lapdock.

Been using the pi A/B on the lapdock for years, and usually backpower through the hub. Use the two usb connections on the pi 3.
Hello friend durdle, thanks for the answers,
I tried energy with lapdock hub but without success also follows pictures:

ddurdle

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:18 am

douglaslara wrote:
ddurdle wrote:Sounds like you might be overthinking this. Worked right out of the box for me. Host connection to the usb hub on the pi, power connection to one of two connections to the lapdock.

Hello friend durdle, thanks for the answers,
I tried energy with lapdock hub but without success also follows pictures:

Looks fair enough. I dug out my old blackberry Y-usb cable today (one that splits data and power). It worked with this cable.

I have heard of not having a fully compliant HDMI connection causing problems where the screen is displayed but it doesn't see the host via CEC HDMI so the USB host is not engaged (trackpad and keyboard don't work). It can even happen (and has happened for me) when the HDMI dongle is not fully inserted (picture shows but keyboard and trackpad are not connecting). Do you have any other dongle or cable to try? Where did you get that HDMI dongle from? I have seen many accounts of a female micro hdmi to male hdmi not working on this lapdock. But usually the screen cuts out in that case, which I don't think you reported.

BTW, doesn't seem like a Y cable is going to work for all situations with the Pi 3. With my testing today, under heavy use of wifi + opengl + SSD, the pi was resetting at times. I ended up having to resort back to two cables, one via the host and one through the usb hub on the dock. I haven't got it to reset even after heavy use.

ddurdle

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:22 am

When you connect to the computer, you are using the same HDMI dongle?

douglaslara

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Friend after trying everything and strangely work on my computer redid all cabling using thicker cables and it worked, thanks for the help of all

ddurdle

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:25 pm

looking nice.

spiderkai

Sat May 21, 2016 10:54 am

i have pi 3 and motorola lapdoc
hdmi ok but keyboard and touchpat not working.
if working your keyboar and touchpad share cable connection schema pictures pls

ddurdle

Sat May 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Definitely an issue with the usb cable to the host port.

Return to “General discussion”