Pablo Inigo Blasco

Rpi3 - ubuntu mate - bluetooth not detected

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:35 am

Hello.

I have a Rpi3 with ubuntu mate 15.10 installed. While the wifi works perfects, the Bluetooth looks it is not detected. I have installed the bluez driver, the Bluetooth manager and other typical packages. However, when I execute the command 'hciconfig' I get nothing.
Otherwise, If I put a bluetooth dongle it is detected without problems.

Do you know what is the problem?
Should I do some kind of configuration in the boot configuration file?
Do I have to activate any kind of device tree overlay?
May this work properly in rapsbian?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

Pablo Inigo Blasco

Re: Rpi3 - ubuntu mate - bluetooth not detected

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 am

I have tested it in raspbian and the rpi3's Bluetooth is correctly detected.

In any case it would be great if somebody find the way to make the bluetooth work on ubuntu mate.
Thanks in advance.

fruitoftheloom

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:33 am

Pablo Inigo Blasco wrote:I have tested it in raspbian and the rpi3's Bluetooth is correctly detected.

In any case it would be great if somebody find the way to make the bluetooth work on ubuntu mate.
Thanks in advance.
It is clearly stated on their website:

The images support the integrated Wifi on the Raspberry Pi 3, but support for the integrated Raspberry Pi 3 Bluetooth is incomplete. We hope to have that sorted soon.

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

dontkow

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:47 am

Pablo Inigo Blasco wrote:Hello.

I have a Rpi3 with ubuntu mate 15.10 installed. While the wifi works perfects, the Bluetooth looks it is not detected. I have installed the bluez driver, the Bluetooth manager and other typical packages. However, when I execute the command 'hciconfig' I get nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
i also have a Rpi 3 i installed ubuntu mate
but wifi,bluetooth,ethernet nothing is working :(

& will you please tell me about your power supply ?
are you using standard 5.2V 2.5A adapter?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 am

If you use Raspbian, everything will work OK, you also get a better supported distro.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

fruitoftheloom

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 am

dontkow wrote:
Pablo Inigo Blasco wrote:Hello.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
i also have a Rpi 3 i installed ubuntu mate
but wifi,bluetooth,ethernet nothing is working :(

& will you please tell me about your power supply ?
are you using standard 5.2V 2.5A adapter?
The official PSU is 5.1V2.5A, but I am using a 5V2A but have only keyboard and mouse plugged in:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/plug-in-p ... 430702|acc

Personally I would start afresh and ensure you expand the file system as first step:

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

Taxicletter

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:51 am

I installed Ubuntu Mate with BerryBoot and wifi is working (Pi3). Didn't try Bluetooth, since they stated it wouldn't work.

What's the performance of Ubuntu on your Pi? Raspbian was a lot faster for me, but both are too slow to really use. The time to switch windows or programs, to load webpages or to open an e-mail is way too long.
--::--::- 3 x Raspberry Pi 3 - Raspbian Lite 9 - RuneAudio - one broke (wifi) - not in use -::--::--

aworan

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Bluetooth works on ubuntu mate 16.04 beta 2.

lordbaronmarshall

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Taxicletter wrote:What's the performance of Ubuntu on your Pi? Raspbian was a lot faster for me, but both are too slow to really use. The time to switch windows or programs, to load webpages or to open an e-mail is way too long.
I've been running UbuntuMATE on my Pi3 and it's doing well. The two activities I do the most with it right now are watching video with omxplayer, and downloading video with youtube-dl. I have been watching youtube with the Firefox web browser, but that has been causing my Pi3 to overheat to the point of destroying data on the micro sdcard. However, this may be a fault with my Pi3. I will be ordering another Pi3 to see if it has the same problem. I did go through 5 or 6 different operating systems and UbuntuMATE turned out to be what I liked best.

Taxicletter

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:46 am

lordbaronmarshall wrote:I've been running UbuntuMATE on my Pi3 and it's doing well. The two activities I do the most with it right now are watching video with omxplayer, and downloading video with youtube-dl. I have been watching youtube with the Firefox web browser, but that has been causing my Pi3 to overheat to the point of destroying data on the micro sdcard. However, this may be a fault with my Pi3. I will be ordering another Pi3 to see if it has the same problem. I did go through 5 or 6 different operating systems and UbuntuMATE turned out to be what I liked best.
And do you overclock, use a USB-stick to boot from, change GPU-memory or use other "tricks" to increase performance?
--::--::- 3 x Raspberry Pi 3 - Raspbian Lite 9 - RuneAudio - one broke (wifi) - not in use -::--::--

Return to “General discussion”