JaiNoob

Re: Minecraft Pi Multiplayer

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 am

I did not have any problems with the steps to have two RP2s running Minecraft Pi and join one world from the other. Everything seems to be running fine - the other player can see the structure that I create, etc...

HOWEVER, here's the weird issue....

If a host player uses Python to create structure, the other player sees the result (chat, structure, etc..). On the contrary, the host player sees nothing that other guest players creates via Python. It's kinda funny to see that guest player walks through the structures that host player created. LOL

I guess it's not ready for a prime-time? :D

Philski

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 am

Yeah, I finally managed to get a multiplayer game started, however despite the fact the players could see one another the worlds themselves looked entirely different and viewing other players constructions was inconsistent.

Unfortunately, for this project I've had to switch from Pi to PlayStation TV which is a pity because I wanted to create something more custom. But perhaps if it's updated at some point I'll be able to use Pi Edition as intended.

scotty101

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 am

Philski wrote:But perhaps if it's updated at some point I'll be able to use Pi Edition as intended.
Don't hold your breath....
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

fanoush

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Philski wrote:Yeah, I finally managed to get a multiplayer game started, however despite the fact the players could see one another the worlds themselves looked entirely different and viewing other players constructions was inconsistent.
I saw similar issue but after checking in detail my issue was due to network disconnects. When the remote player is disconnected there is only some short message you may miss and the game continues on both ends and the worlds on both ends go out of sync.
In my case this was simply poor wi-fi signal in another room to cause such random glitches and disconnects. Otherwise the network on the remote computer seemed to work fine, it was just Minecraft Pi that was sensitive to this. Maybe there is some ping limit configurable somewhere?

SANGER_A2

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:10 pm

You need to connect them via a router that has a DHCP server and set them to use DHCP instead of static addresses.

If you connect one pi directly to another it won't work. We could get one pi to talk to another in peer 2 peer mode using static ip addresses (ping and python sockets) but Minecraft wouldn't work.

As soon as I set them up in DHCP and I connected them via an old talktalk router, it worked great. Obviously check that they can ping each other first to make sure the DHCP setup has worked correctly. As another poster wrote here you have to start the game on one (the server) and then connect to it from the other. I've had about 4 or 5 working at the same time, but it's pretty slow and sometimes glitchy even if the server is a pi3.

learntoplayminecraft

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 am

If you are looking for the MInecraft APK then here you can find it out https://minecraftmodapkdownload.com/

And if you have any questions then feel free to ask!

Return to “General discussion”