esuncloud

About the disk space of QEMU image

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm

I have just downloaded the QEMU image of Raspbian, however I notice that there are only about 300MB space left. I understand that it is limited to be less than 2G for the 2G SD card. However, is there any way to extend this image size to 4 or 8GB, because you can't compile anything big in 300MB space...

Thanks.

Jim JKla

Re: About the disk space of QEMU image

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Any image can be re-sized once it's running in an RPi up to the maximum size of the SD card it's loaded onto.

As to how you do that there are various methods with the Wheezy image being the easiest it's a menu choice in the raspi-confg script.

There are also options of having a memory stick mounted onto the file system to add space. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

redhawk

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 pm

If you need more disk space just attach another virtual hard drive there should be a tool called qemu-img.exe which creates this for you.

Richard S.

PIstolero
Location: paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 am

You have to change with qemu-img the size of the image first and then change the raspi-config script to make it work.

To resize the raspian image for Qemu:
qemu-img resize 2012-07-15-wheezy-raspbian.img +2G
I add 2G more (2+2=4GB), you can add more. Now you have free space on it so you can add a partition or resize the existing partition

To resize the root filesystem with raspi-config just do this:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 25#p129525
Enter these 4 lines, the last one will start a modified raspi-config script (the original will not be changed), choose resize_rootfs in the menu and it should work now. Reboot.
Attachments
df.jpeg
df.jpeg (57.15 KiB) Viewed 4988 times

SvenB

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Where do I have to change the raspi-config script exactly?

Return to “General discussion”