Gary Earle

Video Jukebox

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 am

Hello All
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, I'm new here I've currently 2 projects I'd like to fulfill, 1st is a tabletop arcade machine... table is built Pi running PiPlay was ready but now upgraded it to a Pi2 and need to configure again, then order Glass and more controllers to fit... but thats another story and on hold. my second and thje reason I'm posting, I've aquired a couple of old touch screen information stations, I plan on removing the old PC's (about 10 years old) I'm going yto try to get the Pi to run the touch screen but if not they're fitted with a track ball so menu controls can be accessed by "mouse" and 2 buttons ... the question...
Can anyone recomend software that will play mp3's through a graphical music library, I dont want multi room etc... well not straight away :) but If I load a 32gig SD card with music and o/s it should make a good jukebox.

Thanks
Gary

HankB

Re: Video Jukebox

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:01 am

Hi Gary,
I would start by googling "lightweight linux music player" and see what comes up. Then see which are available for Raspbian (or whatever flavor you are running.) OK, that's my solution because I ordinarily run Linux. A better search would substitute "Raspberry Pi" for "Linux." There are several media player oriented distros and you should probably start with one of them. Try one or more of them out and see which best meets your needs.

HTH,
hank

Return to “General discussion”