virtualuk

Re: Sticker/paypal order issue

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Below is an email I shot off to [email protected] (the email address that was used when order status emails were sent) a few minutes ago, but the email came back bounced.

Long story short, the whole order process for stickers (which were in back order) using paypal should have been a smooth, painless one, but instead left me in a WTH state :). I wouldn\'t normally have pasted my order question here, but given that the [email protected] email is bouncing...

------------------

Hi Raspberry Pi team,

Can someone tell me what just happened? I ordered a raspi sticker, paid for it via Paypal, then Paypal froze me out of my account and told me I had to change my passwords and security questions. Once I\'d rectified that and was able to log in the transaction stated that the order was being disputed and an email had been sent from paypal to you. Then moments later another email was sent showing that the order was refunded.

I\'m totally confused as to what happen :) Was the order taken? It doesn\'t look like it. I\'d really like to buy a sticker and support the raspi effort (, and goes without saying I can\'t wait to get my hands a on a few boards once they\'re available :) ).

Cheers,

L

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 pm

That\'s an unattended email address. Would you mind copying your email to me at [email protected] so I can point it at Eben, who is dealing with PayPal stuff?

I\'ve no idea what can have happened. I know PayPal has to check on accounts which make more than about £1k in a year to make sure they\'re not being run by money launderers. We\'ve gone over that limit, so Eben is busy filling in forms to satisfy them that we\'re kosher. But I\'m concerned by what just happened to you and I hope it\'s not something to do with our store; I\'ll let you know when we\'ve investigated it.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

eggn1n3

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Imagine what will happen when you sell 10000 $25 Raspberry Pi\'s ;-) You better make sure PayPal is OK with it ....

virtualuk

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:04 pm

btw... shot over an email to you Liz with the original details. Just as a follow up, paypal does show that the transaction completed successfully and that the money did make it to raspi, but the last raspi email that I received said that the order had been cancelled, rather than on back order.

fallacybuffet

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 am

I had an \"issue\" with PayPal, too. When I tried to pay as a \"guest\", Paypal recognized my email address and refused to allow me to continue without logging into PayPal and then re-entering my name, address, and credit card information. I don\'t seem to have been charged twice, but it was annoying. Still eager to buy a RaspPi, of course. I was on my phone, a Nexus One, if that makes a difference.

Return to “General discussion”