TheGuyUk

Noobs 1.7.0

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:14 pm

So what has changed in Noobs 1.7.0 ?

Anything worth downloading it for ?

Or am I better of just updating my present Noobs?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Noobs 1.7.0

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 pm

TheGuyUk wrote:So what has changed in Noobs 1.7.0 ?

Anything worth downloading it for ?

Or am I better of just updating my present Noobs?
NOBS was updated to offer the latest Raspbian Jessie Release

NOBS is an operating system installer / chooser / recovery and at present the developers have not offered an upgrade path to newer versions.

Obviously an Operating System installed via NOBS can be updated following the instructions of the developer..
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Support for Windows 10 IoT has been added.

fruitoftheloom

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

ShiftPlusOne wrote:Support for Windows 10 IoT has been added.
That was first offered in 1.6.0 if connected to Internet..

ShiftPlusOne

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm

If the question is what the difference is between 1.6 and 1.7, then not much. 1.6 had a kernel driver which didn't work with some sd cards. If it works for you, there is no reason to upgrade.

TheGuyUk

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:50 pm

ShiftPlusOne wrote:If the question is what the difference is between 1.6 and 1.7, then not much. 1.6 had a kernel driver which didn't work with some sd cards. If it works for you, there is no reason to upgrade.
thank you

beta-tester

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:21 am

ShiftPlusOne wrote:If the question is what the difference is between 1.6 and 1.7, then not much. 1.6 had a kernel driver which didn't work with some sd cards. If it works for you, there is no reason to upgrade.
is that the reason, why i don't see any commits since november 2015 on raspberrypi/noobs/commits/master or raspberrypi/noobs/releases, because the source code itself didn't change, only a subsequent dependency changed ?
(the kernel, Raspbian and the os_list.json is not directly part of NOOBS - its their subsequent dependences)
{ I only give negative feedback }
RPi B (256MB), B (512MB), B+, ZeroW; 2B; 3B, 3B+; 4B (4GB)

fruitoftheloom

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:08 am

beta-tester wrote:
is that the reason, why i don't see any commits since november 2015 on raspberrypi/noobs/commits/master or raspberrypi/noobs/releases, because the source code itself didn't change, only a subsequent dependency changed ?
(the kernel, Raspbian and the os_list.json is not directly part of NOOBS - its their subsequent dependences)

Many posters have the impression NOBS is an OS, hence confusion...

ShiftPlusOne

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:00 pm

beta-tester wrote:
NOOBS has changed since those commits. I am not sure when the latest changes will be in github.

beta-tester

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:11 pm

ShiftPlusOne wrote:
beta-tester wrote:
NOOBS has changed since those commits. I am not sure when the latest changes will be in github.
i thought, everything that is published on RaspberryPi Downloads is in the masters of the rasberrypi github :shock: :o :?
{ I only give negative feedback }
RPi B (256MB), B (512MB), B+, ZeroW; 2B; 3B, 3B+; 4B (4GB)

Return to “General discussion”