I have an RPi3 but could not get the OpenGL driver to work at all, either with the official 7" touchscreen or with an external monitor. I seek your help.
First of, I understand from (https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/anothe ... n-release/
) that the 7" touchscreen is not supported by the new driver; I would appreciate if a solution can be found and posted here.
Second, after disconnecting RPi3 from the touch screen, and with only a keyboard and an external monitor attached (Asus 24" VN248H-P), whenever I enable the OpenGL driver, upon reboot, I get a "rainbow" square, followed by no video signal to the monitor. I seek your help.
The steps I took:
1) I am using the official PSU (2.5A)
2) I tried multiple HDMI cables,
3) on a Samsung 32GB Evo+ sdcard, I
- installed the Jessie image (2016-03-18)
- on 1st boot, expanded the file system, reboot
- issued the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install raspi-gpio
sudo apt-get install xcompmgr libgl1-mesa-dri
- at one time, updated the firmware as well (but no change in result)
4) use the commandline version of raspi-config, enabled the OpenGL driver,
but the result is always the same, I get a rainbow-square at boot, followed by no video signal to monitor.
Things I've tried,
1) different HDMI cables,
2) various hdmi modes in /boot/config.sys
3) custom resolution in /boot/cmdline.txt
If anyone is having any success with OpenGL on Raspberry Pi 3, please share how you manage it.