bones101

wifi dongle

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:56 pm

im looking at buying my 1st raspberry pi i have my order just waiting to pay but 1st i need a bit of info as i cant seem to find any, the reason i want to buy a pi is to use as a standalone kodi player but it must run on wifi. my problem is i cant seem to find out if there is just a plug and play dongle that i can use with openelec can anyone suggest a dongle that will work straight out the box or one that will work with openelec. i am familiar with linux no expert but googles a wonderful tool if i get stuck so not a problem if a few steps are needed to make this work i just cant be bothred keep pluging the laptop into the tv to use kodi. thanks in advance.

fruitoftheloom

Re: wifi dongle

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:31 pm

bones101 wrote:im looking at buying my 1st raspberry pi i have my order just waiting to pay but 1st i need a bit of info as i cant seem to find any, the reason i want to buy a pi is to use as a standalone kodi player but it must run on wifi. my problem is i cant seem to find out if there is just a plug and play dongle that i can use with openelec can anyone suggest a dongle that will work straight out the box or one that will work with openelec. i am familiar with linux no expert but googles a wonderful tool if i get stuck so not a problem if a few steps are needed to make this work i just cant be bothred keep pluging the laptop into the tv to use kodi. thanks in advance.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/usb-wifi-dongle
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

jackokring

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 pm

The official one is out of stock in many places.
Pi[NFA]=B256R0USB CL4SD8GB Raspbian Stock.
Pi[Work]=A+256 CL4SD8GB Raspbian Stock.
My favourite constant 1.65056745028

fruitoftheloom

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 pm

jackokring wrote:The official one is out of stock in many places.
The following Wireless Chipsets are also supported natively

Realtek RTL8188CU & RTL8188CUS

Ralink RT5370

...likely many more :shock:
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

bones101

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 pm

thank you guys just completed my order and should expect my 1st pi in a few days hopefully the 1st of many, these little things look like a great little treat from what ive read and watched on them ive been waiting for a while to order one but never got round to it. thanks again guys much appreciated. :D

Return to “General discussion”