gimliflea

Re: Order limit?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Iiirc Liz said somewhere that all first batch are model As.

BlueClogger

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:17 pm

I think you'll find that Liz said the first batch will all be Bs.

tzj

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

what BlueClogger said.
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)

gimliflea

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Sorry got my a's and B's muddled

A.Lee

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:49 am

What about those of us who live in college / halls of residence ?

Is the whole college / hall the same "shipping address" ? (only differentiated by the name of the recipient). Considerably more potentially interested people living at the same address than in a normal household !

Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 am

A.Lee said:

Is the whole college / hall the same "shipping address" ? (only differentiated by the name of the recipient). Considerably more potentially interested people living at the same address than in a normal household !

A good point, I hope there would be additional filter mechanisms to allow for recognisable multi-occupancy situations, particularly in an educational context.

(looks at that - I think I said what I meant)

I'm just hoping that even if a determined eBay scalper gets around the order limits for the first batches, then potential purchasers will have the sense not to pay over inflated prices for something that they will be able to buy at the Pi Shoppe for the standard price by using a little patience.
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

geeday

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 am

A.Lee said:

The same is also true for people at the same place of employment as most people get packages sent to their work address. I was about to ask the same question as A.Lee

grumpyoldgit

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:06 am

I have multiple individuals at this address who will be interested in purchasing a Pi. Tiddles and Rover are very keen but may need to use my bank account.

ercolinux

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 am

I'm member of a non-profit association here in Italy. The main goal of the association is the diffusion of free software and hardware.  We are thinking  to place a initial order of about 20-25 cards (1 for each member) to save on the shipment costs. Do you think is possible to do? We can give the address of the association in the order.

grumpyoldgit

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 am

ercolinux said:

I'm member of a non-profit association here in Italy. The main goal of the association is the diffusion of free software and hardware.  We are thinking  to place a initial order of about 20-25 cards (1 for each member) to save on the shipment costs. Do you think is possible to do? We can give the address of the association in the order.

It has been repeatedly mentioned on the site that there will initially be a limit of one Pi per order.

RaTTuS

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:40 am

ercolinux said:

no - not for the initial release.

get one and get your best guy to play with it ready for the next lot.

the 2nd release will be very quick on the heals of the 1st - as they will all sell out in a couple of hours [guessing]
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

grumpyoldgit

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 am

And, I should have added, an initial limit of one per address.

xe3tec

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:52 pm

I think when the mail comes, the servers of the payment company will die hard. I know so many people who want several boards. If I could I''d order 4+.

Hope you guys produced more than 10k for the first run, because thats going to be sold in a minute.

sebastian.tschen

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Just to check again (hoping not to annoy anyone)

We are a small startup company and would love to use the RPi in the first batch of our product.

I'd like to get 3 or so from the first batch to get started. Will it be possible to use the same credit card and shop account to send these 3 devices to 3 different adresses? Or will the developers have to make use of their private credit cards and purches them each seperatly? Would be great to know so i can give them a heads up, that i will call them "sometime soon" in the middle of the night so they can get online and buy some hardware

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm afraid they'll have to make separate purchases. There are so many companies like yours (and university, school and hacker groups) making that same request that it'd take us forever to administer - I really do feel your pain, but you should be able to buy more pretty soon.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

scottscreations

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm

I would really like to buy one and then gift one to my brother who lives far away. Two addresses, two different names, 1 credit card or I guess I could use my wifes name/cc.....

geeday

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 pm

So:

1 unit per order form with a unique combination of name, address and credit card number? (so multiple people at the same address (work, uni) are not denied?)

Just trying to clarify as the issue is getting a little long in the tooth (but I do share everyone's excitement).....

grumpyoldgit

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:27 pm

I think, inevitably, we will all have to suck it and see. The intention is to allow all individuals to acquire a single Pi before multiples will be allowed. How that intention actually pans out will be interesting.

liz

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 pm

It'll be one per card/name (given that people living in university halls of residence etc. or ordering for delivery to the office will be a bit bummed if we limit it to one per address).
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

abishur

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:39 pm

well with that I think we have our answer.  I'm closing this thread (no offense to everyone who has been playing nicely).  Keep being patient guys!  Just a little bit longer till we get to sink our teeth into some yummy pis!
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Return to “General discussion”