pawlu

addons with no correct structure

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:55 pm

My Raspberry PI 2 B is making me sick, Every now and then, a new bug crops in, used as a media streamer.
I am using Raspberrypi 2 b with both OSMC and Openelec, and the original power supply, with a new power lead.

The latest bug is that ALL the addons I tried to instal from a zip file on a USB stick have not the correct structure. Is it possible that all 20 of them !!!!!!!

gkreidl

Re: addons with no correct structure

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:48 pm

pawlu wrote:My Raspberry PI 2 B is making me sick, Every now and then, a new bug crops in, used as a media streamer.
I am using Raspberrypi 2 b with both OSMC and Openelec, and the original power supply, with a new power lead.

The latest bug is that ALL the addons I tried to instal from a zip file on a USB stick have not the correct structure. Is it possible that all 20 of them !!!!!!!
What has the RPi2 to do with it when non official kodi addons don't work? Complain with the developers of those addons or with the suppliers of the ZIP files.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

pawlu

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 am

All the official video Kodi addons do not open. i understand the risks of unofficial addons. But the official video addons like RAI ON DEMAND and all the others, just do not open. But, they do open on Oranepi plus, Insengard15.2 on win10 and on a chinese RK3188 android based cheap streaming box. So it must be the Rasp!!!!

davidcoton

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:01 am

pawlu wrote: So it must be the Rasp!!!!
Unlikely, since there is not a host of problems like yours reported here. I don't know OSMC/Openelec/Kodi, so I can't offer tested advice. But do you have the correct versions for a Pi? I would not expect the same version to work on Win10 and Pi, because of the different CPU instruction sets (I may be wrong).
Location: 345th cell on the right of the 210th row of L2 cache

gkreidl

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:22 am

pawlu wrote:All the official video Kodi addons do not open. i understand the risks of unofficial addons. But the official video addons like RAI ON DEMAND and all the others, just do not open. But, they do open on Oranepi plus, Insengard15.2 on win10 and on a chinese RK3188 android based cheap streaming box. So it must be the Rasp!!!!
For official addons you don't need any manually downloaded ZIP files.
I've OpenElec installed on a B and kodi-15.2 on two Jessie RPi2 systems. I never had any problems installing addons, neither the official ones nor others from downloaded ZIP files.
You should take the errors message for what it is: there's something wrong with your ZIP files.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Return to “General discussion”