ITz Life NL

Cheap way to cool raspberry pi Household items!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Real basic way to cool the pi its powered by 5V USB from the pi suspended by nuts and bolts just. splice the end of a usb and get red and black and get the spliced ends from the red and black from the fan and connect them plug in and it should work you could use heat shrink tubing to protect the open wire.

HoRNeTpt

Re: Cheap way to cool raspberry pi Household items!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 pm

ITz Life NL wrote:Image

Real basic way to cool the pi its powered by 5V USB from the pi suspended by nuts and bolts just. splice the end of a usb and get red and black and get the spliced ends from the red and black from the fan and connect them plug in and it should work you could use heat shrink tubing to protect the open wire.

OMG .... :roll:

Google

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I hadn't thought of this. My Pi doesn't heat up enough for this to be useful though.

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm

True, but it's still funny :lol: It's 28 degrees where I am at the moment. I'm more interested in cooling me. My fan uses a scandalous 42 watts and worth every penny (or rather zloty).
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

ITz Life NL

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:10 pm

ive only seriously started to use it and this took me 5 mins to thing of and fortunately enough i know someone who has a laser cutter i thought maybe if you cut a hole in a case for a fan to sit over and and exhaust hole it could work at 9v but i made that in 15 mins

Return to “General discussion”