nick789uk

conecting wifi dongle

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:59 pm

hi new user here got a raspbery pi2 for xmass and also bought a wifi dongle which says was manufactured for the raspbery pi plugged it into one of the usb ports conected everything els tuned it on but it cannot find the wifi, click on the wifi networks snd reports no wifi interface avalible any help here please thanks in advance.

fruitoftheloom

Re: conecting wifi dongle

Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:07 pm

nick789uk wrote:hi new user here got a raspbery pi2 for xmass and also bought a wifi dongle which says was manufactured for the raspbery pi plugged it into one of the usb ports conected everything els tuned it on but it cannot find the wifi, click on the wifi networks snd reports no wifi interface avalible any help here please thanks in advance.
Plug in the WiFi Adaptor

Open lxterminal and lsusb will list USB devices

Code: Select all

lsusb
..paste the info in code tags in a reply ;)
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Abhiraj Tiwari

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:50 pm

hey,
i m a newbie and donno much abt raspberry pi although i m familiar with arduino.

i have got a wifi dongle which reads as follows...... "300M wireless USB adapter" thers also a big "n" on it.

i got the dongle in a kit by eleduino. It was a kit for raspberry pi and had the pi 2 in it so i am sure that the wifi dongle is compatible with RPi.

I need help setting up this wifi dongle.

Pls help!
Thanks in advance

fruitoftheloom

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Abhiraj Tiwari wrote:hey,
i m a newbie and donno much abt raspberry pi although i m familiar with arduino.

i have got a wifi dongle which reads as follows...... "300M wireless USB adapter" thers also a big "n" on it.

i got the dongle in a kit by eleduino. It was a kit for raspberry pi and had the pi 2 in it so i am sure that the wifi dongle is compatible with RPi.

I need help setting up this wifi dongle.

Pls help!
Thanks in advance
Do you feel it is polite to again hijack someone elses post, you asked exactly the same 2
weeks ago in an unrelated post, please post as a new topic with the information requested...

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=128956&p=863233#p863233
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Adrianfu

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:09 pm

My wifi setup without any problems. I "stole" the wifi dongle out of a Telstra T Box (set top box and PVR) when we upgraded and it works. Just plugged it in set the Internet password.

Adrian

Return to “General discussion”