KenoRosarioPH

Windows built pascal program to my RPI

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Good day Forum! I'm quite confused about all the articles that concerns my problem with my pascal program(im using lazarus IDE). I have my program that works fine in windows platform, how can i compile and run it with my RPI. I have read various articles about installation of fpc and lazarus to my RPI and i can't get it it to work. Im having a lot of trouble with cross-compilers.

Jim Manley
Location: SillyCon Valley, California, and Powell, Wyoming, USA, plus The Universe

Re: Windows built pascal program to my RPI

Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:58 pm

KenoRosarioPH wrote:Good day Forum! I'm quite confused about all the articles that concerns my problem with my pascal program(im using lazarus IDE). I have my program that works fine in windows platform, how can i compile and run it with my RPI. I have read various articles about installation of fpc and lazarus to my RPI and i can't get it it to work. Im having a lot of trouble with cross-compilers.
Hi Keno - you'll need to be a lot more specific about what problems you're having starting with a link to your source code, then posting a copy of the errors you're getting here (use the Code tag button just above the post editor used to create a post, so it will be easy to read). First, can you successfully compile and run the testrpi.pas program at https://github.com/rudiratlos/rpi-hal ? Can you run any other programs written using Lazarus on Windoze that run fine there, and get them to run on the Pi version? Start with a Hello World program and work up to more complex examples from tutorials, if needed.
The best things in life aren't things ... but, a Pi comes pretty darned close! :D
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -- W.B. Yeats
In theory, theory & practice are the same - in practice, they aren't!!!

KenoRosarioPH

Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:18 am

Jim Manley wrote:
KenoRosarioPH wrote:Good day Forum! I'm quite confused about all the articles that concerns my problem with my pascal program(im using lazarus IDE). I have my program that works fine in windows platform, how can i compile and run it with my RPI. I have read various articles about installation of fpc and lazarus to my RPI and i can't get it it to work. Im having a lot of trouble with cross-compilers.
Hi Keno - you'll need to be a lot more specific about what problems you're having starting with a link to your source code, then posting a copy of the errors you're getting here (use the Code tag button just above the post editor used to create a post, so it will be easy to read). First, can you successfully compile and run the testrpi.pas program at https://github.com/rudiratlos/rpi-hal ? Can you run any other programs written using Lazarus on Windoze that run fine there, and get them to run on the Pi version? Start with a Hello World program and work up to more complex examples from tutorials, if needed.

Thank you for the concern sir, but i think i got my post too confusing. What i really want to know is how will my RPI run my Pascal program which was built on my Windows 10 (w/ x64 fpc). My program works fine on my Windows 10 but as i copied my project files to my RPI (w/ lazarus) i knew that my program will not work since it was built on a different platform. And i am very confused all about the installation article of lazarus on RPI. Ty sir Good day

ghans

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:33 pm

What happens if you transfer the project to the Pi and then build it on the Pi ?

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

KenoRosarioPH

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 am

ghans wrote:What happens if you transfer the project to the Pi and then build it on the Pi ?

ghans
It is all well now, but i need to remove some codes in it inorder for it to run. It just takes time to build it. Thanks sire

ghamm

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi,
you might check out our group on facebook. We are Pascal Raspberry enthusiasts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RaspberryPascal/

KenoRosarioPH wrote:
Jim Manley wrote:

Thank you for the concern sir, but i think i got my post too confusing. What i really want to know is how will my RPI run my Pascal program which was built on my Windows 10 (w/ x64 fpc). My program works fine on my Windows 10 but as i copied my project files to my RPI (w/ lazarus) i knew that my program will not work since it was built on a different platform. And i am very confused all about the installation article of lazarus on RPI. Ty sir Good day

Return to “General discussion”