linuxgx

Why no Olympic themed projects

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm

I must ask, for a project based in the UK how is it that I haven't seen a single Olympic themed project. Now I'm just a lazy american and at no point do I expect anyone to create such a project based on this post... I do however have to wonder why no one has done so prior..?

Just wondering..!

twocvbloke

Re: Why no Olympic themed projects

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm

The olympics? Is it over yet? :lol:

[grump]been bored of hearing about the olympics since it was announced and even moreso when LloydsTSB issued me with a debit card printed with that half-bottomed job of a logo plastered on it...[/grump]

CCitizenTO

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:08 am

Probably because athletic sports are usually pretty far removed from academic pursuits.

Also if you walked around waving your RPi around you might get mistaken for a bomber or terrorist by ill trained forces ;)

Reider

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:45 am

I consider it purely a Southern thing and have nothing further to do with it....

Steve

Jim JKla

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 am

If there had been RPi's available in good numbers last Christmas then its possible but we are still ironing out bugs in OS once the schoolkids get their hands on them expect loads of stuff. ;)

It's out in time for us to see US election stuff Tour de France next year.
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

speculatrix

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 am

Given that the only interesting part of the Olympics is already over, it's probably too late to do anything about it now...

RichardUK

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 am

A couple of weeks ago a friends daughter presented her Olympic school project using scratch and the RPi. It had five athletes bouncing about on the screen, when you pressed one you would get some history on the Olympics and then the athlete would turn into one of the rings.

Will that do? There is a LOT being done now with the RPi that is not showing up here. I guess most of us here are too old for the kids to want to post about thier projects. :lol:

AndrewS

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

Well there's this thread http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 63&t=12571 ;)
And the fact that the IOC are very protective of their brand/trademarks/logos...

Return to “General discussion”