ric96

Re: Berryboot v1.1 - Boot menu / OS installer

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:58 pm

Koofteh wrote:Does anyone know how to change the default background image in Berryboot? The one with the burst of colorful lines?

I'm quite tired of it but see no way of changing it.

Using version 2.0 but didn't find a general thread for it.
You will have to download the source code and change the image then recompile the whole thing.
Source code: https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot
Specific image file to change: https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot/blo ... _lines.jpg
My apologies for shameless YouTube Plugs...
youtube.com/sahajsarup
twitter @sahajsarup
skype srics1996
e-mail: [email protected]
Blog: http://www.geektillithertz.com/wordpress
Web: http://www.geektillithertz.com

Koofteh

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:10 pm

ric96 wrote:
Koofteh wrote:Does anyone know how to change the default background image in Berryboot? The one with the burst of colorful lines?

I'm quite tired of it but see no way of changing it.

Using version 2.0 but didn't find a general thread for it.
You will have to download the source code and change the image then recompile the whole thing.
Source code: https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot
Specific image file to change: https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot/blo ... _lines.jpg
A bit more complicated than I had hoped, but it worked well. Thanks a lot.

The default image looks jagged on BerryBoot, looks better on the computer. So I just replaced it with a simple RPi logo on black. :D

symbios25

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello i got the tty error screen when i press the option to download os from internet through lan connection,when it starting loading the network interface the following tty error appears:

/bin/sh:can`t access tty; job control turned off

the error only happens with lan/ethernet connection with wifi connection everything is ok no error

i`m using the latest berryboot 20150808 anyone knows whats wrong?

Ck13casey

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:15 am

Wow, there's ALOT for a newbee to try to follow on with here, so much I have not done before. Like when I took HTML way back in the day at college I learned to write it pretty much from my mind with just a reference book of all the comand codes and was good, I think the thing making this so difficult for me is that I'm not sure what all is possible to be done and how to do it, I was a windows person who later got used to Mac stuff, and I'm learning I guess the basics to Linux as far as it relates to the raspberry pi I'm glad I got the 2 b, but just trying to learn about what's available for basic soft ware, I'm just trying to get through the computer side of these things, but if originally got it because. I got into building audio electronics and was learning about all that, this is an interesting detour for sure.
Is there like a good reference book or like a recommended site that lists all the commands and what they are supposed to do? When I did my first micro sd image of noobs it had jessie on it not wheezy (which made the pi store unusable, spent like a week trying all the codes and got close but something just wouldn't go through at the end. Now it doesn't work and I got to make another noobs image, and now I got 2 sd cards so I figure get both, one on each as well as the normal variety of things to start with and hopefully get the 3.5 LCD screen hat I got to do more than show a white screen, found the driver today, gotta figure out how to add it and also BerryBoot installer on both, if that does what I think it does from all I read, that will be great to have a direct way to install programs. I'm nowhere near writteing my own programs yet, I'm at the very beggining with this. I wish I got I to them a couple years ago when it basically started to catch on, feels like I missed the wave. I got very into using midi and all kinds of music apps on iOS, and ultimately I want to build a digital/anologue synthesizer with this, amongst some other projects. But that's the big one I'm working towards. But it's ironic, I haven't gotten a sound out from raspberry yet. Well take care, and thanks.

Travis90x

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:31 pm

ric96 wrote:
You will have to download the source code and change the image then recompile the whole thing.Source code: https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot
Please, can you explain how can do this (without lose all my OS)? I'm very newbie in this.
I'm also trying to change the splash screen on boot (rainbow pixel pattern test, disabled in config.txt)
I followed the guide below, but the splash screen obviously appears only after the Berryboot Menu.
I want it appears at the first boot, replacing the rainbow spalsh screen.

Code: Select all

apt-get install fbi
Copy your custom splash image to /etc/ and name it "splash.png".
Next, create an init.d script called "asplashscreen" in "/etc/init.d/".
I chose "asplashscreen" with an "a" at the beginning to be sure it starts first.

#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          asplashscreen
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Should-Start:      
# Default-Start:     S
# Default-Stop:
# Short-Description: Show custom splashscreen
# Description:       Show custom splashscreen
### END INIT INFO
do_start () {
    /usr/bin/fbi -T 1 -noverbose -a /etc/splash.png    
    exit 0
}
case "$1" in
  start|"")
    do_start
    ;;
  restart|reload|force-reload)
    echo "Error: argument '$1' not supported" >&2
    exit 3
    ;;
  stop)
    # No-op
    ;;
  status)
    exit 0
    ;;
  *)
    echo "Usage: asplashscreen [start|stop]" >&2
    exit 3
    ;;
esac
:
Then make that script executable and install it for init mode rcS:
chmod a+x /etc/init.d/asplashscreen
insserv /etc/init.d/asplashscreen

pontypool

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Deleted
Last edited by pontypool on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

pontypool

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Deleted
Last edited by pontypool on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

pontypool

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 am

A few questions:

the memory split option says 256/ 256 ?? Don't I have 1 gig on a raspberry pi 3? Shouldn't it be 512/512?

Can I transfer the installation of berry boot and installed os's to another hard drive ?

How do i update berry boot to,a newer version?

Any difficulties pop up using berry boot instead of noobs?

How to alter the storage between libreelec and raspbian or is it automatic?

I have berry boot installed to an 64 gb sd card on a 1 gigabyte partition and the operating systems like libreelec on the remaining. Space of the card. For some reason life elec does not update, after going to libreelec and downloading the update, the system restarts but the version didn't change and the downloaded update file is still,in the update folder. I. Suspect maybe there isn't enough space to, update??

So my last 2 questions

1. How much space will an, update need?
2. If I increase the size if the partition will berry boot and libreelec still work ??

Thanks

Return to “General discussion”