JRT

"Thanks" Thread

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

I don't know if there is already one of these, if so just lock it, but I couldn't see one and thought it was necessary.

I've been reading the forums and there's a lot of "it doesn't do this" and "how do I get this on it" posts, with no thought for all the hard work that went into making this device possible. Well, I received mine today and have spent all day playing with it, and it's exactly what I wanted and expected. So thanks, Raspberry Pi Foundation! Keep up the good work, I hope to be able to help in a small way once I come up with a project.

CCitizenTO

Re: "Thanks" Thread

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 am

I can imagine it's not easy designing and building something like this. Or getting thousands or hundreds of thousands out there for people to enjoy.

I'd like to offer thanks because I think the project hit the nail on the head in terms of cost/benefit. As well as other things like power consumption (many people are using solar setups to power their RPis), inputs and outputs. Even with the low spec USB ports (which you can fix with a powered hub which people were told to use in the first place) you can still do quite a bit with it.

khh

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 pm

This is a good thread.

I got my Raspberry Pi a few days ago, and it's quite an exciting little thing. I've started thinking of how to build two custom circuits to wire to it (I've even drawn up some diagrams) - with more to come I am sure. I feel really good about this, because I've been wanting to delve into some hardware projects for years, but never thought of anything to do or gotten the motivation.

So far my Pi has provided hours of entertainment, a few pieces of knowledge, a cheap server and the ticket to what seems like a very promising new community to join. And all for the small price of $35 (+ shipping + taxes). Thanks :D

payturr

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 pm

I love my Pi - small, power efficient, and SOOO easy to overclock :) It's such a configurable little device, I have it running with a wireless keyboard & mouse, my girlfriend's old phone charger, and everything's ouputted to a cheap, crappy old CRT - it runs basically with anything, and not to mention Debian is fun to customize too :) Thanks for all your hard work to make it so compatible with everything, and thanks for getting it to me so fast!

flightvision

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 am

I love the Pi - it's such an accessible platform (Linux, USB, Ethernet) and it so small and easily powered with batteries!
Thank you Pi Foundation, thank you OS builders, thank you driver developpers, thank you helpful community!

Return to “General discussion”