shugs81

RGB capture device with audio

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:45 am

Hi peeps...

Just wondering if it would b possible to build a RGB video a audio capture card using a pi 2? I'm pretty decent with electronics so I can build cables and adaptors an stuff i need to hook it all up.

I've seen that you can buy a hd audio card with inputs... is there something similar for video? I'm looking to capture the old consoles and arcade boards at native resolutions... would also need a video output from either the pi or bypassed from the console... tho I understand some consoles and computers don't run well on lcd screens

Also what sort of software would I need for recording with minimal lag?

Hopefully that all made sense... my phone apparently doesn't want me to type directly on here...

fruitoftheloom

Re: RGB capture device with audio

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:02 am

shugs81 wrote:Hi peeps...

Just wondering if it would b possible to build a RGB video a audio capture card using a pi 2? I'm pretty decent with electronics so I can build cables and adaptors an stuff i need to hook it all up.

I've seen that you can buy a hd audio card with inputs... is there something similar for video? I'm looking to capture the old consoles and arcade boards at native resolutions... would also need a video output from either the pi or bypassed from the console... tho I understand some consoles and computers don't run well on lcd screens

Also what sort of software would I need for recording with minimal lag?

Hopefully that all made sense... my phone apparently doesn't want me to type directly on here...
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/S ... re_devices

viewforum.php?f=78
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Return to “General discussion”