User avatar
solar3000
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 am

Maker Faire NYC

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:30 pm

uuummmm...it's Mun-day...did anygeek go to 'Maker Faire' in New York City?
Antikythera

henryhanselscott
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:25 pm

No....but headed to the one in Atlanta (Decatur) GA this Saturday. Hoping to see a some cool pi projects there.

Henry

User avatar
kusti8
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: USA

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:12 pm

I sadly couldn't go because I sprained my ankle. I'd love to know what happened. :)
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 11485
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:07 pm

kusti8 wrote:I sadly couldn't go because I sprained my ankle. I'd love to know what happened. :)
Huge mobs of people flowed and swirled everywhere. (No, I wasn't there, but it's a pretty good guess having been to the West Coast version a few times.)

User avatar
solar3000
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 am

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:23 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:
kusti8 wrote:I sadly couldn't go because I sprained my ankle. I'd love to know what happened. :)
Huge mobs of people flowed and swirled everywhere. (No, I wasn't there, but it's a pretty good guess having been to the West Coast version a few times.)
It wasn't that bad. They were very civilised. People formed lines before 10am.
It wasn't hot at all. And I saw Mr Upton and a bunch of others I don't recognise.
It was a single table with a smaller long table(s) behind.
Antikythera

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 11485
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:31 am

solar3000 wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:
kusti8 wrote:I sadly couldn't go because I sprained my ankle. I'd love to know what happened. :)
Huge mobs of people flowed and swirled everywhere. (No, I wasn't there, but it's a pretty good guess having been to the West Coast version a few times.)
It wasn't that bad. They were very civilised. People formed lines before 10am.
It wasn't hot at all. And I saw Mr Upton and a bunch of others I don't recognise.
It was a single table with a smaller long table(s) behind.
The single table with a Pi or two doing things (like a SenseHAT, or maybe an RPF display by now) plus handouts, and the long table with 3 or 4 Pis set up for people to try doing things?

User avatar
solar3000
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 am

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:22 pm

they had about 7 inch touch screens running. and in the back several pi setups for kids to play something that looks like checkers or connect 4.
Antikythera

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 11485
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Maker Faire NYC

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:47 pm

solar3000 wrote:they had about 7 inch touch screens running. and in the back several pi setups for kids to play something that looks like checkers or connect 4.
The stuff in back sounds like the thing where you draw a circuit with conductive ink and then hook it up to a Pi. They had those out at the Faire in San Mateo in May. The 7-in touch screen would be the "official" screen that was launched about three weeks ago. In May, they were showing off the SenseHAT.

Sounds like Matt Richardson flew there from SF with his "*How* big a case can you check as baggage...?" case filled with 19" wide aspect HDMI monitors from Fry's Electronics.

Return to “General discussion”