LaDjA

Re: Any way of verifying Pi is original?

Mon May 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks!

gdt

Tue May 26, 2015 4:10 am

I think the reader has a valid concern. It certainly wouldn't be difficult to pass off a RPi Model B+ as a RPi2 Model B at a glance. The PCB markings above the raspberry logo are "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B" respectively.

joan

Tue May 26, 2015 4:29 am

gdt wrote:I think the reader has a valid concern. It certainly wouldn't be difficult to pass off a RPi Model B+ as a RPi2 Model B at a glance. The PCB markings above the raspberry logo are "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B" respectively.
The OP may have. It has little to do with the Pi though. Every time I purchase something on-line I (and everyone else) run the same risk - will I or won't I receive the goods I thought I was buying. In my experience over 99.9% of the time the answer is yes I will.

W. H. Heydt

Tue May 26, 2015 4:39 am

gdt wrote:I think the reader has a valid concern. It certainly wouldn't be difficult to pass off a RPi Model B+ as a RPi2 Model B at a glance. The PCB markings above the raspberry logo are "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B" respectively.
Flip it over. The memory module for the Pi2B is on the bottom. (And, if your eyes are good, you can see the Broadcom logo on the SoC on Pi2B. On the B+, you see the memory manufacturers markings.)

LaDjA

Tue May 26, 2015 8:39 am

Actually, I don't really have the concern of will I get the goods. More about will I be able to tell if the goods aren't really what they were supposed to be.
Both eBay and AliExpress have fantastic buyer protection. It's just that I'd have to know the thing was not as described as soon as I got it, to be able to get my money back, in such a case.

kusti8

Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 am

LaDjA wrote:Actually, I don't really have the concern of will I get the goods. More about will I be able to tell if the goods aren't really what they were supposed to be.
Both eBay and AliExpress have fantastic buyer protection. It's just that I'd have to know the thing was not as described as soon as I got it, to be able to get my money back, in such a case.
If you have it in your hands, you can easily tell if it's another board or not. Then you can return it if it's not, though I wouldn't expect any trouble.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “General discussion”