MaDoGK

Wireless keyboard + touchpad + rechargable??

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Hello, first i'd like to say hello, as this is my first post. (I didn't see a introduction forum) secondly warn you that im a linux n00b so im going to be annoying all of you with stupid questions. Thirdly OT that i hopefully will have my RP in the next week. So i'm looking for a wireless keyboard + touchpad thats compatible (if it can be out of the box even better) and that has a built-in battery, as I don't want to be fussed changing the batteries. I've been looking at the RPi VerifiedPeripheral but haven't really found anything (atleast not that i realize) that is rechargable. So far I've been looking at the Trust thinity 16817 but it's not on the list and it's a little small to be confortable.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

MaDoGK

Mister_C

Re: Wireless keyboard + touchpad + rechargable??

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Hello MaDoGK

I've found the Logitech K400 quite good. RPi found it no probs. It runs on two AA batteries and can be turned off when (or if) you need.
Keys are as near as makes no difference the same as a full size keyboard.
The trackpad uses one finger to track or two fingers to scroll - simples and easy, though I've found that button clicks can be a bit slow to respond.

The USB plug is a mini dongle with Logi's "unifiying" logo on it which means that its cross-compatible with their other devices (ie you can also use a unifying wireless mouse on the same dongle)

I can't report on prices coz I got lucky on fleabay. I'm sure there are decent deals to be found.

Hope this helps

JeremyF

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Mister_C wrote: I can't report on prices coz I got lucky on fleabay. I'm sure there are decent deals to be found.

Hope this helps
It's about $35-40 dollars for anyone wondering.
{sig} Setup: Original version Raspberry Pi (B, rev1, 256MB), Dell 2001FP monitor (1600x1200), 8GB Class 4 SD Card with Raspbian and XBMC, DD-WRT wireless bridge

MaDoGK

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Think i'll end up buyin the Logitech K400, although i wanted something with a rechargeable battery. They all seem so expensive. Thanks anywho! :)

PaulCheffus

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi

I have this keyboard and it works well. I have had the odd issue in LXDE with the mouse button press not being recognised. This has been improved since I turned off the touchpad tap option. FN key and Left mouse button toggles it on / off.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Return to “General discussion”