Forgotten01

Pi 2b solder points for direct power

Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello all, I want to power my pi without using a micro usb cable, do I still solder ground to pp1 and 5v to pp3? That is how I have it soldered on my B+
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.
Scott Adams

klricks

Re: Pi 2b solder points for direct power

Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:49 am

Forgotten01 wrote:Hello all, I want to power my pi without using a micro usb cable, do I still solder ground to pp1 and 5v to pp3? That is how I have it soldered on my B+
I think you have it backwards.... at least how you typed it... If wired like that you would be smoking something......

B+ is the same as 2B
PP1 & PP2 & F1 (Side closest to edge of board) are +5V from the micro USB power supply.
PP3 is ground but I would use one of the more robust solder connections at any of the port shields - HDMI, USB etc.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Forgotten01

Re: Pi 2b solder points for direct power

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:40 pm

oh, okay...... the cable I have connected is just black, I have long forgotten which one was which XD
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.
Scott Adams

Return to “General discussion”