madsb

Farnell week 02-07-2012 dispatch, no news

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi guys.

Farnell wrote to me, as with many others, that the shipping og my RPi would happen some time in the week commencing 02-07-2012. Today is Sunday and I have not received any confirmations or news in regards to the shipping... Anyone else in a similar situation?

lukas

Re: Farnell week 02-07-2012 dispatch, no news

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi, I've got the same e-mail as you. So we're in the same situation :(

adwen

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:55 pm

I was just making an account to comment about this. Why hasn't farnell/element14 said anything about this. Because I have NOT received any e-mail that my pi was dispatched (like they wrote in the e-mail of june 19th). So what is going on?!?!?!

klaatu

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Yes, same here. Hoping to hear something soon...

Steve

Nr90

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:42 pm

FWIW my RPi was supposed to be shipped that week as well, but mine arrived a week earlier.
That said, I recieved an email before it was actually shipped.
If you have not recieved an email like this, I guess they are (slightly) delayed.

tobika

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:19 am

Hi,
i also created just an account to tell you that i'm in the same situation like you guys,
seriously, i can understand that eventually they have problems shipping our PIs but what i don't get is that they always tell some new dates, get the hopes up and then do nothing about it :-(

mintsource

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:04 pm

just posted in another thread re farnell deliveries but in the same boat...

Farnell online live tech offer no assistence...

They also said they are saving shipping costs by not providing tracking (okay fair enough) but they also said they would send an email prior to shipping which hasn't happened so it's unlikely that these things are on the way, unless they aren't sending out 'shipped' notifications like they said. I have emailed the Farnell support desk again but that seems to take 3-4 days to reply.

dan: hi are you able to give me an update on my raspberry pi delivery.. order: ORP007xxx. the last update said: "it will be despatched the week commencing 02/07/2012"

Andrew: Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Raspberry-Pi, unfortunately we are unable to provide up to the minute information through the LTC service. You may able to find more information or the current status of the Raspberry-Pi can be found here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/genera ... s-my-pi-at. If you have an enquiry that is not satisfied by the link above please feel free to contact your local sales team.

dan: thanks for the copy/paste stock response.. page you linked to last updated in april you have no way of tracking orders?

Andrew: We've no way of tracking them from here.

mintsource

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Just checked my RS one that I ordered on 1st June and it looks like it will arrive before the one that I ordered from Farnell on the April 1st.

RS seem to be much more engaged in letting people know their order status as this thread from this morning shows.. http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=8786

I know where my future orders are going to be going..

lukas

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi, I had wrote an e-mail to Farnell and got answer from them today. I also had a call with them later. It's seems there is some problem with my credit card (it's was declined). They've said some banks use unusual type of security system so the only thing (as I hope) I have to do now is to contact my bank and allow this transaction.
Maybe you should try to contact Farnell too, It could be the same situation.

mintsource

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:45 pm

I emailed them today but no reply, I will attempt to call tomorrow. If they are not able to process a credit card, I would expect them to indicate that via email or a phone call that this is the case though rather than you chasing, but maybe that's too much to ask.

danhans115

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:08 pm

In my case my spare bank card was declined and Farnell emailed me and they also telephoned me asking for either a new debit card or to resubmit the existing one by telephone.

They have now emailed me this morning saying my Pi has been dispatched. I ordered early April.

bryand

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

I have been emailed to say it has been dispatched (on June 29th) and nothing has arrived yet.
At what point should I start getting stroppy? - I've got an invoice saying it is paid for, but no goods.
BD

klaatu

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 am

I decided to email them this morning asking what had happened to my order, and got a reply within a couple of hours saying that my card had been declined. I don't know why that would have happened, but I phoned them and gave them the details again and they say my Pi will be despatched today.

Steve

adwen

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:33 pm

klaatu wrote:I decided to email them this morning asking what had happened to my order, and got a reply within a couple of hours saying that my card had been declined. I don't know why that would have happened, but I phoned them and gave them the details again and they say my Pi will be despatched today.

Steve
I called yesterday (July the 11th 2012). They told me the same thing! That my credit card info is accepted and they will ship it tomorrow. Yet when i check my credit card balance online there isn't any charge nor reservation on it. I can always see a real-time how much money I have on my credit card. So I'm pretty sure they did not send anything yet.

Why do I have the feeling they gave me an empty promise?!?!

zacura

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:06 pm

adwen wrote:I called yesterday (July the 11th 2012). They told me the same thing! That my credit card info is accepted and they will ship it tomorrow. Yet when i check my credit card balance online there isn't any charge nor reservation on it. I can always see a real-time how much money I have on my credit card. So I'm pretty sure they did not send anything yet.

Why do I have the feeling they gave me an empty promise?!?!
I called them on the 10th, because I didn't hear anything about my Pi. My credit card had been declined (although for a valid reason, it had been closed and my bank had given me a new one), after giving them the new card number they promised it would ship the same day. The credit card was charged immediately, but it wasn't until today I received the shipment confirmation.

adwen

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 am

I received my PI 2 days ago from farnell. at last.... it took forever. :roll:

klaatu

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 am

adwen wrote:I received my PI 2 days ago from farnell. at last.... it took forever. :roll:
Did you actually get an email saying it had been despatched, or did it just turn up?

Steve

cscotty

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I had some... fun with my order. My card expired since I made the order on the 2nd of April and Farnell decided to not notify me of this fact and it wasn't until I contacted them that they told me that was why the order wasn't shipped!

I phoned to update my details and was told I needed my order number (which I never received!) and when I told them that I didn't have it was told that there was no other way to change my details! Eventually, my query went to the person/people doing the Pi orders and within 5 minutes, had my number. A quick call and the order was re-activated and a week later I've finally got the board. Seriously not impressed with the service, I will most certainly be going with RS next time.

adwen

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 pm

klaatu wrote:Did you actually get an email saying it had been despatched, or did it just turn up?

Steve
Yes I did receive an e-mail about that the product has been shipped.
cscotty wrote: I had some... fun with my order. My card expired since I made the order on the 2nd of April and Farnell decided to not notify me of this fact and it wasn't until I contacted them that they told me that was why the order wasn't shipped!

I phoned to update my details and was told I needed my order number (which I never received!) and when I told them that I didn't have it was told that there was no other way to change my details! Eventually, my query went to the person/people doing the Pi orders and within 5 minutes, had my number. A quick call and the order was re-activated and a week later I've finally got the board. Seriously not impressed with the service, I will most certainly be going with RS next time.
I had the same credit card nightmare with Farnell once this was solved everything went smoothly.

Well I've ordered from RS too. I paid them looong ago. There was a problem with my shipping address and I gave them an alternative address and I have not heard from them until today about a mail I wrote to them a week ago. This was because I called and stayed 15 minutes on the phone with customer service agent. She said could not help me and my problem should be addressed by the raspberry pi team. The e-mail said that they are looking into the matter and will let me know soon. I have a feeling It'll probably take a week again before I hear something from them. This lacks any sign of professionalism.... It should be easy to know if something was shipped or not, right? And not take a week before taking my inquiry seriously......

klaatu

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 am

adwen wrote:Yes I did receive an e-mail about that the product has been shipped.
It's been nine days since I contacted them and gave them my credit card details (again). My card hasn't been debited, and I haven't had a despatch email. Every time I contact them they just say "it's been cleared for release". I guess it's time to give up, it's just too much hassle.

Steve

klaatu

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 am

klaatu wrote:I guess it's time to give up, it's just too much hassle.
Typical. Just got my 'despatched' email.

Steve

adwen

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 am

klaatu wrote:
klaatu wrote:I guess it's time to give up, it's just too much hassle.
Typical. Just got my 'despatched' email.

Steve
:D yeah it is like big brother is watching us.

I hope you get your piece of PI soon.

Return to “General discussion”